- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Newcastle Emlyn 4 miles.
This appealing, detached holiday cottage sits next to the road, boasting a wonderful, wooded backdrop, four miles from Newcastle Emlyn’s colourful market town.
Set in a delightful location with some charming views, this cosy and welcoming cottage is perfect for your next family holiday in Wales, and with a great deal of thought put into the presentation, you will be more than pleased with your choice of holiday home.
There are two light bedrooms to choose from, along with a pretty kitchen and a relaxing sitting room with a warming woodburner.
The sun room offers additional space for guests to spread out, and opens out to the enclosed front courtyard.
There is also an informal lawned garden behind the cottage, which is accessed by deep stone steps and offers a woodland outlook with a streamside seating area, making it an enchanting spot to settle with a book on a sunny afternoon.
The local pub can be reached within five minutes’ walk, whilst the market town offers a fantastic selection of amenities, along with the lonely ruins of a castle overlooking the River Teifi, a serene place to enjoy a walk with the dog.
Time spent at this property will be enjoyed by all, but venture a little further afield to uncover scenic countryside and coastal walks, cycle rides, castles, theme parks and much more, before returning to this welcoming cottage to plan the next day’s adventure.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with dining area, sofa bed and woodburner. Sun room (seats 2).
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, DAB radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed front courtyard with furniture, raised rear lawned garden with furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There is an open stream running through the rear garden accessed by deep stone steps with a drop at the edge, children to be supervised
- Note: The cottage is on a sharp bend, care must be taken when driving out, and due to location some traffic noise can be heard.
About the location
Llandysul 8 miles; Cardigan 9.5 miles; Lampeter 19 miles.
The bustling market town of Newcastle Emlyn is set on the River Teifi and offers an array of shops, both unique local producers and larger chain stores, such as designer clothes, crafts and jewellery, antiques, tea rooms, pubs, restaurants and a ruined castle, plus fishing permits are available nearby. Surrounding Newcastle Emlyn is beautiful countryside, whilst the rugged Cardiganshire coastline is just six miles away, where you have the opportunity to visit Cardigan Island Farm Park, wonderful sandy beaches, or take a boat trip to spot dolphins and seals at New Quay. Within driving distance is the town of Carmarthen, Dylan Thomas' Boat House in Laugharne, Cenarth Falls, paintballing, Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo, Oakwood Theme Park and train rides at Henllan, along with an array of castles, mills and craft centres. Newcastle Emlyn is an excellent base for exploring this part of Wales.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute