- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Penallt 1.5 miles. This beautifully presented, first floor, detached stone cottage is located down a rural track, next to a woodland, a Site of Special Scientific Interest, and just a short walk from the River Wye. This charming Monmouthshire holiday cottage provides contemporary accommodation ideal for relaxing with family and friends. Set entirely over the first floor, and with stunning views of the Wye Valley, this Monmouthshire cottage offers comfortable, homely accommodation. The sitting room boasts a warming woodburning stove and a dining area, where you can make the most of the stunning views, while outside, this Monmouthshire cottage has a mature garden with patio area and furniture. The rural village of Penallt boasts two traditional village pubs serving locally-sourced food and real ales, while the Forest of Dean is easily accessible, making this an ideal place to unwind after a long day exploring the area. A wonderful Monmouthshire cottage to be enjoyed at any time of year.
All first floor. Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with woodburning stove and dining area.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Mature garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles via footbridge over River Wye, pub 1 mile
- Note: Due to the nature of the garden, this property accepts guests over 18yrs and over only (inc. infants)
- Note: The property is accessed via stone steps through the garden to the upper level entrance door
- There is also an alternative access route via a grassed slope, which runs from the rear of the cottage
- Note: The ground floor of the cottage is a home office, which is generally unused when guests are present
- It has it's own totally private entrance.
Note: Due to the nature of the garden, this property accepts guests over 18yrs and over only (inc. infants).
- Last minute
About the location
Monmouth 6 miles; Chepstow 14 miles; Lydney 15 miles.
The charming village of Penallt sits on the west bank of the beautiful River Wye in the Wye Valley. On the border of England and Wales, the village boasts stunning views, Nature Reserves, an SSSI and two excellent local pubs serving locally sourced food and real ales. The Offa's Dyke footpath, Wye Valley Walk and the Three Castles Walk all run through or close to this unspoilt area of Monmouthshire. The magnificent Royal Forest of Dean, England's largest oak forest and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is just a short drive away, and offers numerous trails that can be explored either on foot, by bicycle or on horseback. Caving, abseiling and a high wire rope course are for the more adventurous, whilst fishing, golf, kayaking and canoeing are other popular activities in this area. Visit the historic town of Monmouth with its mixture of elegant Georgian mansions and Victorian courtyards, or the lovely market town of Ross on Wye is close by, with timbered Tudor houses, excellent shops, pubs and restaurants. Just a little further afield are the unspoilt Malvern Hills, Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons National Park. A great area to unwind with family and friends.