- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful detached holiday cottage is set in a private location next to the owners&
8217; home in the South Wales town of Risca.
The welcoming touches throughout make it a home-from-home where you can relax and unwind after great days out.
There are two double bedrooms at this Risca cottage, one on the first floor and one on the ground floor, both with a TV.
The well-equipped fitted kitchen overlooks the owners&
8217; beautiful garden where wild birds and squirrels create a wild life haven for everyone to enjoy.
The sitting room has doors leading into the private garden at this charming Risca holiday cottage, where you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee before heading out for the day.
There are wonderful hill-walking, cycling and mountain biking areas all around and the nearby golf courses offer great days out.
Risca offers a range of shops, bars and restaurants, or you may wish to visit nearby Newport or Cardiff for a spot of shopping and a theatre evening before returning to your lovely cottage for a peaceful night&
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms with TV. 1 x first floor double with basin, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear enclosed garden with patio, small lawned area and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub with restaurant 2 mins walk
- Note: Shallow brook in garden so children to be supervised
- Note: Open tread narrow stairs in cottage
- Note: The cottage is next to a petrol station and road, some traffic noise may be experienced when outside.
- Last minute
- “best ever i have booked”
- “It is the best most comfortable accommodation. Good location with all things very local ie shops trains/buses pubs etc inc parks and good walks!”
- “Home from Home, just like being at your own place. clean and comfy beds and a spare room for our daughter”
- “Excellent cottage”
- “This was one of the best cottages me and my wife have stayed in from when we got there the freindly oweners Peter & Babs made us very welcome and nothing was to much to trouble for them the cottage has scenic veiws and is very clean with everything you need there the 2 bedrooms they had comfortable beds there are pubs nearby that do meals and not to dear it is good location foe Newport And Cardiff and the Rhonda there is a bus stop quiet near if you dont want to drive in to the towns it took 20 min to Newport where if you are football fan Newport county is only 10 min walk there is shops Spar and Tesco extra at pontyminster. If you want a relaking break this is the place to go we will stay here again because it is a superb freindly people and location”
- “A charming cottage, exuding comfort and hospitality.”
- “Exactly as titled above, Very clean and well equipped. A very comfortable bed with pristine bedding. The garden was pretty and the owners were extremely nice. Very scenic, especially for people who enjoy waking and mountain biking.”
- “Excellent accommodation”
- “The owners were exceptionally friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure that our stay was comfortable. The cottage had everything for our needs and was very clean and well maintained. The garden was beautiful and full of wild life which made it feel that it was in the country and yet the cottage was very close to all amenities with shops and restaurants near by. There was good off road parking and even though it was on a main road the accommodation was set back far enough so that there was no road noise. We would definitely like to make another visit in the near future.”
- “Despite the wet weather we had a good stay handy for the attractions we wanted ( Big Pit Dr Who Experience), and a convenient pub for evening meals”
- “home from home in the Valleys”
- “This was one of the most comfortable cottages we've ever stayed in and we've stayed in a lot! It was ideally placed for the family event we were attending in Newport and it provided easy access to lots of local facilities. Do take the scenic woodland drive and Sunday lunch at Celtic Manor is a treat. Very pleasant walks available along the canal just up the hill.The owners, who live right next door, could not be more helpful.”
- “It was like a home from home, EVERYTHING was there. Would definitely return, as it was also a good location.”
- “Liked everything. The cottage suited all our needs and really was a home from home. The owners couldn't have been more helpful and we had a wonderful stay.”
- “Very comfortable and cosy. Enjoyed our stay, the owners were very helpful and friendly and gave us lots of information about the area. The view from lounge window was spectacular, and I liked to watch the bird life.”
- “The location was peaceful with access for walks and numerous places of interest to visit. The owners made us feel very welcome, the cottage was a home from home. Would recommend to friends and we would stay there again.”
- “The cottage was very convenient for travelling to both Cardiff and the Brecon Beacons. The ornaments in the cottage were fascinating and it was like stepping back in time. The owners next door were very helpful and informative.”
- “Accommodation was comfortable and the owners were friendly and helpful. It proved to be a good base for visiting the area with plenty to see, even in November!”
- “Fantastic cottage, owners very friendly as were all the locals. Great location for visiting South Wales. Amazing walks (especially for our dog) Could not fault it.(Best cottage we have stayed in) Good local pubs and shops! Also plenty of buses and train service if you do not drive.”
- “A very comfortable and homely cottage with an absolutely beautiful garden. We received a very warm welcome from owners (our little dog included). Would definitely recommend to family and friends.”
- “The property was excellent, the owners were very helpful & friendly and the area was very central. Had a fantastic time.”
- “Very friendly and helpful owners living next door and willing to share their beautiful garden. Also very welcoming to our little dog and helpful with directions to places of local interest. Lots to see and do in the near vicinity.”
- “This was a very comfortable cottage - a real home from home with everything in it, in a lovely area with the both the canal and river close by. The owners were a friendly, helpful couple. I would definitely recommend Brookside Cottage to family and friends.”
- “An extremely comfortable accommodation, very homely with everything you could need. Good parking space, and beautiful garden with loads of birds to watch. There are amazing walks all around the area. The owners did not interfere at all, but were always around if needed and were very helpful and accommodating.”
About the location
Newport 6 miles; Caerphilly 8 miles.
Risca is a former coal mining town in South Wales, just six miles from Newport. The town offers an array of shops, pubs and eating places and is surrounded by several extensively wooded hills including Mynydd Machen and Twmbarlwm which offer superb hill-walking and the wonderful Cwmcarn Forest Drive which is a mountain biker’s dream. The Monmouthshire and Brecon canal runs through the town and the River Ebbw is flanked by two Green Flag parks with a bandstand and summer music. The surrounding areas have a number of castles and historic houses to visit, or spend the day exploring scenic drives or peaceful walks. Celtic Manor Golf Resort in Newport is where Europe won the Ryder Cup and is just 6 miles away and any golfer is welcome to try some of these famous greens. The Brecon Beacons National Park, the South Wales coastline and the vibrant capital city of Cardiff are all within driving distance making Risca a superb base for a holiday all year round.