- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful detached holiday cottage is set in a private location next to the owners&
8217; home in the South Wales town of Risca.
The welcoming touches throughout make it a home-from-home where you can relax and unwind after great days out.
There are two double bedrooms at this Risca cottage, one on the first floor and one on the ground floor, both with a TV.
The well-equipped fitted kitchen overlooks the owners&
8217; beautiful garden where wild birds and squirrels create a wild life haven for everyone to enjoy.
The sitting room has doors leading into the private garden at this charming Risca holiday cottage, where you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee before heading out for the day.
There are wonderful hill-walking, cycling and mountain biking areas all around and the nearby golf courses offer great days out.
Risca offers a range of shops, bars and restaurants, or you may wish to visit nearby Newport or Cardiff for a spot of shopping and a theatre evening before returning to your lovely cottage for a peaceful night&
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms with TV. 1 x first floor double with basin, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear enclosed garden with patio, small lawned area and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub with restaurant 2 mins walk
- Note: Shallow brook in garden so children to be supervised
- Note: Open tread narrow stairs in cottage
- Note: The cottage is next to a petrol station and road, some traffic noise may be experienced when outside.
About the location
Newport 6 miles; Caerphilly 8 miles.
Risca is a former coal mining town in South Wales, just six miles from Newport. The town offers an array of shops, pubs and eating places and is surrounded by several extensively wooded hills including Mynydd Machen and Twmbarlwm which offer superb hill-walking and the wonderful Cwmcarn Forest Drive which is a mountain biker’s dream. The Monmouthshire and Brecon canal runs through the town and the River Ebbw is flanked by two Green Flag parks with a bandstand and summer music. The surrounding areas have a number of castles and historic houses to visit, or spend the day exploring scenic drives or peaceful walks. Celtic Manor Golf Resort in Newport is where Europe won the Ryder Cup and is just 6 miles away and any golfer is welcome to try some of these famous greens. The Brecon Beacons National Park, the South Wales coastline and the vibrant capital city of Cardiff are all within driving distance making Risca a superb base for a holiday all year round.
- Last minute