- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Feather Cottage is a former Peasenhall ale house, originally built around the 1470s and is full of the original charm and character. This delightful end-terrace cottage offers all modern amenities and is simply furnished, adding to the authenticity. There is a ground floor bathroom, fitted kitchen and lobby area, which takes you out to a rear pathway, leading to an attractive cottage garden with seating, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the peaceful surroundings. The sitting room with dining area at this Peasenhall cottage enjoys an open fire, ideal for cosy winter evenings, and a steep staircase leads to the spacious attic bedroom with beams and original dormer windows. Peasenhall village offers good local amenities which include a village store with Post Office, a family butcher's, a deli, tea rooms, a local pub serving quality food and several footpaths to enjoy the picturesque country walks available throughout the year. The surrounding area offers interesting attractions, which include National Trust properties, RSPB Minsmere and the beautiful Suffolk Heritage Coast, just a few miles away and offering lovely beaches. A truly romantic Peasenhall cottage perfect at any time of the year.
One double bedroom. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over and basin. Separate WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
Electric heating with open fire in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot. Roadside parking. Private lawned garden with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 5 mins walk, pub 1.2 miles. Note: This property is on the main tourist route and as such some road noise can be heard. Note: This cottage has steep stairs and is not suitable for the elderly and less mobile.
- Last minute
- “Quirky cottage”
- “Quirky cottage for 2 adults + 2 dogs max. Well-equipped and there was nothing we couldn't find. Difficult stairs, not suitable for the less agile. Small garden which suited us, situated down pathway. Road parking not ideal as situated on a rise and a bend, but the car remains unscathed. Very friendly area and good quality shops in village for meat and deli with small Mace. Nearest pub 20 min walk away. The lounge is dark in the late evening as there is no centre light. Generally very dog-friendly area. Would use again. Reasonable rent incl electricity and linen.”
- “A very charming little cottage.”
- “The location was excellent for what we wanted to do. Although we were on a busy road, as advised, we were not disturbed and overall had an enjoyable week.”
- “Very nice cottage, relaxing holiday”
- “The Cottage was old and quaint and in a nice location on the outskirts of the village, 5 minutes walk to local shops. There was plenty of local info and lots of footpaths around the village to walk the dog. In a good position for visiting all the popular tourist attractions in the area.”
- “The cottage itself was quirky and quite lovely. It was very well-equipped and we were lacking nothing. The village was friendly and local shops supplied most things you are likely to need. Many places of interest to visit without travelling too far, and a dog-friendly holiday that actually is dog-friendly. Pubs where the dogs get served first with free biscuits and plenty of water and where they are welcome to sleep under the table indoors while the humans eat dinner. Overall, a very enjoyable stay and we would certainly book the cottage again if staying in that area again.”
- “Thought this was an excellent property, good location for coast and countryside.”
- “Great character and very comfortable.”
- “Fantastic location: Peasenhall is a stunning village, with a fantastic butchers and deli. Feather Cottage is beautiful, and the stunning garden a real plus.”
- “Lovely period cottage with modern amenities.”
- “Lovely Cottage with all the right features. The location was nice and quiet with some of the best Suffolk coast line within 5 miles. Very helpful neighbours. Would recommend to anyone.”
About the location
Saxmundham 5 miles; Halesworth 6 miles; Dunwich 9 miles; Southwold 13 miles.
Sitting amid Suffolk’s gentle rolling countryside is the picturesque village of Peasenhall, bursting with pretty period houses and quaint cottages and proudly boasting quality local amenities, including a delicatessen with its own smokehouse, an excellent family butcher selling local farm produce, a village store with a post office, an interesting curio shop, tea rooms, and a public house serving fresh local produce. Within Peasenhall village you can enjoy several footpaths that lead you over open fields where you can enjoy the glorious surrounding Suffolk countryside. Peasenhall is an ideal place for those wishing to explore Suffolk by car, cycle or on foot, offering quiet rural country lanes, pretty villages and interesting market towns. The nearby beautiful Suffolk Heritage Coast is just a short drive or cycle ride from Peasenhall village, where you can explore Suffolk’s coastal delights at Aldeburgh, Walberswick, RSPB Minsmere, Dunwich and Southwold. Other local attractions include Framlingham Castle, Helingham Gardens, Sutton Hoo, Snape Maltings, Orford Castle and several antique centres all awaiting your exploration.