- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Waldringfield 2 miles. Hidden in the quiet Suffolk countryside between the village of Waldringfield and the pretty market town of Woodbridge is Thatched Farm, where you will find this welcoming holiday cottage in a converted former farm outbuilding. This delightful single-storey semi-detached studio cottage offers well-equipped, compact accommodation. Steps up lead you into the entrance lobby of this Suffolk cottage, which in turn leads into the kitchen area with breakfast bar. An arch with a step down then takes you into the sitting/bedroom area of this Suffolk cottage, with French doors offering a view over the patio area and shared woodland gardens. In a nearby separate building you will find a well-equipped shared utility room. The village of Waldringfield, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the banks of the River Deben, has a pub serving food and a golf course. This area of Suffolk is popular with walkers, cyclists, birdwatchers, golfers and sailors, and offers many picturesque places to visit. This Suffolk cottage is next to Ref. 4494, together they sleep 6.
All ground floor, some internal steps. Open plan studio accommodation with double bed, fitted kitchen with breakfast bar and 2 stools and sitting area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Shared use of utility room.
Electric panel heaters. Electric oven and hob, fridge, microwave, TV, Freeview, DVD, broadband. Books/DVD/games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Small courtyard garden with table and chairs. Use of large shared woodland garden with seating. Off road parking for 2 cars. One well-behaved dog welcome, to be kept on a lead when outside the property. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “Lovely studio accommodation with the countryside on your doorstep”
- “My partner and I stayed here for a week from the end of May to beginning of June. The studio is well equipped with everything you need, it's very comfortable and a nice place to come back to after a day of walking. The studio is set in beautiful grounds and was nice to sit outside with a drink and a book, soaking up the sunshine and listening to the birds all around us. Next door to our studio apartment is a 4-bed cottage; both are available to book at the same time if you have a group of six people going together. The owner lives in the thatched cottage within the same grounds, she said all we needed to do was let her know if we needed anything but other than that she left us to it which is nice as you want to be left to get on with your holiday. The location is great, central to most of the places in Suffolk you might want to visit (e.g., Minsmere RSPB Nature Reserve, Felixstowe). The A12 is not far away, and there is a Tesco about 5 minutes' drive if you need to buy additional bits and pieces. There are circular walks you can do which take you through some stunning countryside; the apartment has plenty of leaflets with ideas for days out. Well-behaved dogs are allowed and we took ours who loved the countryside walks and attention off of fellow walkers/their dogs! A much needed holiday in a beautiful location.”
- “It was lovely and quiet, a complete rest for the two of us and our dog. The owner, a very lovely lady, greeted us on arrival. The garden was beautiful and kept in a great condition. We would definitely come again.”
- “The studio is in a great location, central to a lot of the attractions to see in Suffolk. There are some circular walks near to the studio so you don't have to wander far to enjoy the countryside. It was a lovely base to come back to after a day's walking. The grounds that the studio is set in are beautiful and it was lovely to sit outside in the sunshine and listen to the birds while we read a book and had a drink/something to eat. The owner was very helpful and we could call on her if we needed anything, but other than that she left us alone to enjoy our holiday which is what you want when you go away. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.”
- “Rural location, lovely gardens surrounding the property and still within very easy reach of shops and places to visit.”
- “Excellent information supplied about what to find in the area, where to eat,shop and places to go. Also lovely and peaceful if you wish to just relax.”
- “We have had a lovely break at Bluebell Studio, it was everything we could have hoped for. Absolutely charming and set in beautiful surroundings. Perfect, just what we wanted. Will definitely return.”
About the location
Woodbridge 4.5 miles.
The rural village of Waldringfield sits in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on the banks of the River Deben, where you can enjoy strolling along the river bank, absorbing the stunning Suffolk landscape with passing boats and Waldringfield Sailing Club. Waldringfield has a village pub serving excellent food with riverside views, and just outside the village is a fine golf course. The local area is very popular with birdwatchers, walkers and cyclists. Nearby Woodbridge is a wonderful old market town, with many old buildings and boasting over one hundred specialist shops along with great places to eat and drink. Local places to visit include National Trust's Sutton Hoo, Easton Park Farm, Orford Ness Nature Reserve, Otley Hall, and Snape Maltings.