- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An attractive 19th century detached cottage situated in the centre of Wangford, just 5 miles from Southwold.
Restored in a contemporary style and well equipped throughout, this delightful property sits overlooking the church boasting exposed beams, quirkily-shaped rooms and latched doors throughout.
The village is friendly and welcoming with its comforting church chimes and local pub offering homemade food.
Located close to the picturesque Suffolk Heritage Coast, the whole area provides great walking and cycling opportunities, whilst the nearby seaside town of Southwold is popular all year round offering lovely shops, pubs and restaurants to suit most tastes.
Experience a high-speed ride on the Coastal Voyager around Sole Bay, or enjoy a full day trip to Scroby Sands to see the seals.
Whatever you decide, this great property has plenty to offer!
Two bedrooms: 1 x family room with 1 x single and 1 x double, 1 x single room. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Modern, well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar (seats 2). Sitting/dining room with electric flame-effect fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, 2 x combi video/TV, DVD player, small library of videos/games/books
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Roadside parking for 2 cars
- Shop 2 mins walk, pub 1 min walk.
- Last minute
- “Cosy, quirky cottage”
- “We really enjoyed our Christmas break at Corner Cottage -- and we were delighted with all the little extras provided, such as Christmas crackers, fizzy wine and biscuits. The cottage is compact and quirky but was cosy and warm and homely and ideal for our party of three. It was convenient for visits to towns such as Southwold, Aldeburgh, Bungay and Beccles and for various nature reserves. The village store, two minutes away, had an amazing range of goods for sale. But the pub across the road was a disappointment,with the regular customers seeming to resent visitors.”
- “Cosy cottage in peaceful Suffolk”
- “I think I submitted a review immediately after our visit! Our experience was very positive. The cottage was fine, with a few reservations - the fridge lacks a freezer section & the bottom shelf is missing, it was difficult to get good light to read in a comfy chair, & the lack of any garden would be an issue in the summer. Beyond, the pub opposite serves perfectly good grub, the village shop is useful, & the whole coastal area is lovely.”
- “Beautiful cottage nice quiet friendly village , cottage very comfortable all resorts within a short drive away really enjoyed our stay would go back again. First time to suffolk/Nolfolk we're smitten.”
- “Very quiet”
- “A quiet, peaceful cottage within a stones throw of a nice village inn. All the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. Easy to get to many pretty villages and coastal towns. Handy little village shop two minutes walk away.”
- “Village near to Southwold”
- “Charming peaceful cottage with churchyard behind, ideally located for travelling into Southwold. Pub literally across the road which happened to have a beer festival on. Excellent local shop in village. Pity there was no outside space/garden facility with the cottage. Otherwise a thoroughly memorable stay.”
- “Wangford Cottage”
- “Clean and well-equipped cottage, very comfortable for a couple and maybe two small children. Kitchen rather cramped and no freezer box in fridge. No garden, cottage entrance direct from quiet village road . Good general store in village but village pub food mediocre quality. Location handy for the coast and many pretty villages, bird sanctuary etc.”
- “We were able to relax in complete silence. The pub was friendly and the weather was beautiful, we would 100% go again.”
- “The cottage is in a lovely location, very handy for Southwold. The cottage was very clean and tidy when we arrived. The bedding, towels and tea towels very all very clean and smelled lovely. I spoke to the caretaker of the cottage as I had been given the wrong code for the key safe. She was very helpful.”
- “Cottage warm, cosy and roomy. Lovely bathroom and bed very comfortable. Quiet village, close to many lovely beaches. Pub across the road welcoming and great food and beer.”
About the location
Southwold 5 miles.
The charming village of Wangford provides home to a delightful church, an excellent general store and two pubs, one of which serves good homemade food. The nearby seaside town of Southwold sits on the Suffolk Heritage Coast and offers a host of attractions, such as a working lighthouse, an award-winning pier, a busy harbour, cliff-top cannons and of course, a lovely beach, as well as a range of shops, good restaurants and pubs. Ramblers will want to explore nearby Walberswick Marshes whilst just a little further afield is Minsmere, one of the country's most famous RSPB nature reserves, offering refuge to a variety of birds for over 50 years and pioneering the use of observation hides and wetland management. So whether it be walking across heath or through woodland, or simply relaxing on the beach, this great location has something for everyone!