- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Stone Cross 3.5 miles.
This charming, detached single-storey lodge is situated within the grounds of Glyndley Manor, a site of thirty self-catering properties set around beautifully-maintained lawned gardens, in 17 acres of woodland and fields, five miles from Eastbourne in Sussex.
Comfortably appointed throughout, the lodge provides spacious accommodation, making it an ideal base for families or friends to relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity this woodland park offers.
With views over woodland and with glimpses of the fishing lake through the trees, this cottage has two attractive bedrooms, a large bathroom and an open plan living area, with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
You may like to fish in the large lake, which is only a few minutes’ walk away.
In summer months, why not enjoy the use of the full-size outdoor swimming pool?
Wander the lane towards the manor house and you will find a large garden nursery and tea rooms.
Browse for a plant or memento before enjoying a light lunch or delicious afternoon tea.
Whether you step into the past with a trip to historic Battle and Lewes, or spend a family day out at Knockhatch Adventure Park or Drusillas Zoo, or even opt for a day at the seaside at Eastbourne or Pevensey Bay, this delightful cottage offers the perfect place to stay, at any time of year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking in private car park 2 mins walk away
- Shared grounds with woodland, fishing lake (licence required) and unheated outdoor swimming pool (open Easter to 1st Sep, dependant on weather conditions, from 9.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3.5 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Sloping ceiling over the bath, limited head height at one end
- Note: Opaque glass sliding doors with curtains between double bedroom and sitting room
- Note: 2 steps up to front door
- Note: There are llamas in fields nearby.
About the location
Pevensey 3 miles; Polegate 4 miles; Eastbourne 5 miles; Battle 12 miles; Lewes 15 miles.
The hamlet of Stone Cross is located close to the village of Polegate, near to the seaside towns of Pevensey and Eastbourne. Stone Cross has a few essential amenities and Polegate and Hailsham several pubs and tea shops to choose from and the shops provide all your daily requirements. Near to the cottage are several places where you can access the Cuckoo Trail, which has 14 miles of walks and cycle ways, from where you can take in the Sussex air as you enjoy the views. The village of Pevensey, with its famous castle, gives you the chance to step back in time, where you can explore the towering ruins or delve into the dungeons; as one of England's oldest castles, it is a fun day out for all the family, plus Pevensey Bay is a haven for wildlife, or whilst you’re here why not take a dip in the sea? For children, young and old, a day at Drusillas Zoo offers a day to remember, or perhaps spend a day in the village of Alfriston, where you will find cobbled streets and antiques shops. With excellent transport links to all parts of Sussex and into London, Stone Cross makes an excellent place to stay when exploring the coast, or the many historic towns, which you will find nearby.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute