- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely terraced lodge is located in the grounds of Glyndley Manor, near Stone Cross and Pevensey, a delightful retreat made up of a manor house, 33 lodges, an open air swimming pool and a small lake, all set in 17 acres of tranquil woodland and beautifully-maintained gardens in Sussex countryside.
This lodge is still set close to the coastal towns of Pevensey and Eastbourne and has been furnished and equipped to the highest of standards, offering couples and families the ideal place to stay when looking to indulge in rest and relaxation.
The charming bedrooms in this Stone Cross lodge are both themed to reflect the warmest seasons.
The soft blues and whites of the double bedroom will have guests drifting off to sleep with summer days on the beach in mind, whilst the twin bedroom, with its pale yellows and creams, gently wakes you up with a spring in your step.
The spacious open plan living accommodation has been carefully furnished to allow everyone to settle down, whatever the weather, and enjoy each other’s company, either planning days out or making the most of precious time together, this light and welcoming living area lets you enjoy views over grounds to the front and into woodland behind it.
You could be forgiven for not leaving this lovely location for the whole of your stay with walking and bird-watching on your doorstep, and even an open air swimming pool to use during summer months.
However, with so many fascinating and exciting places to visit so close, plan your days out well in advance, so lace up the walking boots, climb into the car or onto the saddle and go exploring!
This is a holiday home with a heart full of welcome that can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Gas hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, communal launderette a few yards away, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample parking in car park approx 100 yards away or disabled parking directly outside on first come, first served basis
- Front lawn area with furniture
- Shared grounds with woodland, fishing lake (appropriate EA fishing rod licence required, only suitable for over 12s and please bring own equipment) and unheated outdoor swimming pool (open Easter to 1st Sep, dependent on weather conditions, from 9.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: This lodge does not accommodate a travel cot and may be unsuitable for children under 1 year old
- Note: There is one step up to the entrance door
- Note: There are llamas in fields nearby.
About the location
Pevensey 3 miles; Polegate 4 miles; Eastbourne 5 miles; Battle 12 miles; Lewes 15 miles.
The hamlet of Stone Cross is located close to the village of Polegate, near to the seaside towns of Pevensey and Eastbourne. Stone Cross has a few essential amenities and Polegate and Hailsham several pubs and tea shops to choose from and the shops provide all your daily requirements. Near to the cottage are several places where you can access the Cuckoo Trail, which has 14 miles of walks and cycle ways, from where you can take in the Sussex air as you enjoy the views. The village of Pevensey, with its famous castle, gives you the chance to step back in time, where you can explore the towering ruins or delve into the dungeons; as one of England's oldest castles, it is a fun day out for all the family, plus Pevensey Bay is a haven for wildlife, or whilst you’re here why not take a dip in the sea? For children, young and old, a day at Drusillas Zoo offers a day to remember, or perhaps spend a day in the village of Alfriston, where you will find cobbled streets and antiques shops. With excellent transport links to all parts of Sussex and into London, Stone Cross makes an excellent place to stay when exploring the coast, or the many historic towns, which you will find nearby.
Note: This lodge does not accommodate a travel cot and may be unsuitable for children under 1 year old.