- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Set on a working beef and sheep farm on the edge of Coxhoe, 6 miles from Durham, is this lovely stone-built, semi-detached barn conversion.
Fully renovated and restored, this Durham cottage offers first-class accommodation for a family of four.
At this Durham cottage there are two spacious bedrooms, both with en-suite bathrooms, as well as a contemporary sitting room with a beamed ceiling.
The kitchen at this Durham cottage has been well equipped with all modern amenities, whilst the spacious gardens and patio area give you the chance to relax in the evening sunshine with a glass of something chilled.
Just a short drive from this Durham cottage is the stunning Northumberland coast, whilst the city of Durham with its cathedral, castle and riverside walks provides an excellent day out.
A beautiful Durham cottage in wonderful rural surroundings.
Note: Cottage can be booked with Refs.
4452 and 4542, together they sleep 16.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with TV and en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite bath with shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Spacious patio and garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pubs 10 mins walk
- Note: Some traffic noise from the A1(M) is audible from the garden.
- Last minute
- “Great short break”
- “Fabulous cottage set on a farm.Very spacious with all the amenities of home.HUGE garden with plenty of room for children and the farm animals an added bonus.Well situated to explore the area.No faults here.”
- “Beautiful cottage in a handy location.”
- “The cottage itself is beautiful with plenty of outdoor space and outdoor furniture, ideal for families. The farm animals are very friendly and it is the perfect place to take children. We rented the cottage with my parents and found it an ideal location for visiting the coast and countryside being so close to the A1M. Very handy for Durham City, Beamish Museum and Hartlepool Maritime Experience. The farm owners are very friendly and welcoming and the cottage is well equipped though it could do with some coat hooks and more towel rails. I would certainly recommend this cottage to my friends and would try to book it again in the future.”
- “Perfect Holiday...and I was on a business trip!”
- “What an unexpected perfect holiday, whilst I was on business. This cozy well appointed cottage rivals any premium hotel. The outside is lovely in its humble used brick exterior, then you walk in the front door and find an inviting, well decorated, comfortable retreat from the world. All in the country village of Coxhoe. The pictures do not do the place justice, and the pictures are very good. All the amenities with top drawer appliances. Comfortable for a family of four, or for two couples as there are two Bedrooms with private ensuite baths. When you arrive, the place is well lit and ready to move in. Very well kept and cleaned. The owners Doug and Rita, will be as invisible or on-the-spot as you require. They are a lovely couple and Rita is available for any need (better than most Hotel maid service). The hard wood floors are a wonderful touch. There is laundry facility in the cottage and Rita even left fresh eggs, toast and butter for the first breakfast before I could get to the market. With the fully equipped kitchen, meals were easily managed. I was on business from the USA to my home office HQ nearby. I am tired of standard hotels and wanted a more comfortable setting. This will now be my home in England's North East. So much to see and do all within 3 to 20 minutes drive. There is so much history in Durham, wide open country all around Coxhoe and many "Harry Potter" film locations within the area. My local colleagues thought I was crazy until they came to the cottage and now they've all requested business cards for friends and other colleagues stay. Best of all was the quiet and picturesque environs of this small farm. If you have a larger group there are two larger cottages just as or more lovely (I took a tour). One can even sleep 9 or more. The price, the style, the features, the surroundings and the quiet were all pleasant surprises to make my business trip the unexpected holiday.”
- “Complete and comfortable”
- “A very pleasant cottage with everything you could need for a break in this part of the world. Of particular interest to some will be the very disabled friendly layout. With a bedroom with an en-suite on the ground floor and seperate self contained bedroom and bathroom upstairs this is ideal not only for someone like me who finds difficulty with stairs on a break with my wife, but also for anyone taking a disabled friend or relative on holiday. Wheelchair access is good except, perhaps, to the bathroom downstairs which may mean reversing in. well done at this price, na real find.”
- “Everything to make your stay comfortable”
- “My husband, sister and I stayed in this cottage during our recent trip to England. The cottage was beautifully presented and contained everything you would need to wash cook and entertain yourself. It was a great base to explore Durham and walking distance to a couple of very good pubs made eating out easy. A welcome inclusion were the many brochures and especially the road atlas of the local area.”
- “The property was clean, comfortable and warm. It was very convenient for visiting Durham. There was a working farm atmosphere which we enjoyed.”
- “A beautiful cottage and gorgeous garden. The owners were friendly. Fantastic.”
- “A cosy, comfortable, and very pleasant cottage.”
- “Loved everything about the cottage and surrounding area. Really comfy, cosy and peaceful. Would definitely go back.”
- “Property is a good size, well equipped and ideally located. Exceeded expectations all round and fantastic value for money.”
- “The property was a real home-from-home, warm and cos. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if in the area again would definitely look to book up again.”
- “Just as advertised - a lovely cottage. Would stay again and recommend to others.”
About the location
Durham 6 miles; Newcastle upon Tyne 20 miles; Barnard Castle 23 miles.
The village of Coxhoe is six miles from Durham city, situated between Bowburn and Cornforth, and close to the A1(M) motorway, offering excellent road links for days out. There are pubs and shops within the village, which is in an ideal location for exploring the natural beauty of the north east of England, with the coast 17 miles away and the moors 23 miles away. There are lots of visitor attractions in the area, such as Durham Cathedral and Castle, Beamish Open Air Museum, Killhope Lead Mine, Witton Castle, Diggerland or the Locomotion National Railway Museum, to name only a few.