- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Staindrop 4 miles. A fabulous, semi-detached, former dairy situated in a quiet location, amongst beautiful countryside near Hilton and the Raby Castle Estate. Fully renovated by the owners, this Teesdale cottage offers outstanding ground floor holiday accommodation. Finished to a high standard throughout, this beautiful Teesdale cottage combines modern furnishings and fittings with original features to create a feeling of character and charm. Featuring an open plan living area with crook beams, a small dining area and first-class, well-equipped kitchen, this Teesdale cottage is an ideal romantic getaway. Outside, there are delightful areas for BBQs, alfresco dining or just watching the wonderful sunsets. This enchanting Teesdale cottage near Raby Castle is just half a mile from one of the National Cycleways, W2W, and is surrounded by a host of scenic walks and nature trails. Nearby are Teesdale's Romaldkirk with its superb, award-winning pub, historic Eggleston Abbey, The Bowes Museum and splendid Raby Castle with its impressive grounds and deer park. Situated just 9 miles from Barnard Castle, this charming Teesdale cottage makes a perfect base for visiting Durham Cathedral, Teesdale, Weardale and the rugged coast of the north east. Anvil Cottage is an idyllic romantic retreat at any time of year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric woodburner-effect fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in the sitting area and electric underfloor heating in the bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV/DVD with Freeview, stereo/CD player/radio, library of books, games and DVDs
- Use of owner's freezer in courtyard outbuilding
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike and equipment storage available
- Large, rear shared courtyard with seating
- front decked area with furniture, BBQ and countryside views
- Wildlife observation deck and seating overlooking the ponds
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pub 2 miles
- Note: Owners live next door in the farmhouse
- Note: Access to property is via Hummerbeck Lane bridleway, which is not a tarmac surface.
- Last minute
About the location
Barnard Castle 5 miles; Durham 20 miles.
Location: Raby Castle Barnard Castle 9 miles; Durham 20 miles. The rural area of Raby Castle, is situated in the south east corner of County Durham, 15 miles from Barnard Castle and just 20 miles from the magnificent cathedral city of Durham. The most northerly of the Yorkshire Dales with the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Upper Teesdale is where subtle changes in the landscape can be seen throughout the seasons. It is an area of amazing scenery dominated by purple heather clad moorland and has magnificent waterfalls at High and Low Force and cascades at Cauldron Snout. The castle itself is one of the finest Medieval castles in Britain and the magnificent Barons' Hall is where 700 knights gathered to plot the 'Rising of the North'. Nearby Barnard Castle is known affectionately as 'Barney' by residents and visitors alike, and boasts shops and eateries laid out over cobbled streets, yards and back lanes. A trip to Durham with its majestic castle and cathedral is a must, as is a visit to the wild and rugged northern fells of Yorkshire and Cumbria. Nearby attractions include Eggleston Abbey, Rokerby Hall, Hadrians Wall and Northumberland Coast.