- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Gilling Old Mill
Gilling West 0.5 miles. A group of magnificent properties, sympathetically converted from lovely old stone barns and buildings and set in part around an idyllic courtyard, 5 minutes' walk from the delightful village of Gilling West. There are two lakes which offer fly and coarse fishing, plus the owners live in the farmhouse and provide a warm, friendly welcome. The properties can be booked individually or as a group to accommodate larger gatherings.
A detached, stone barn conversion boasting breathtaking countryside views across two wildlife lakes and offering a wealth of character and style, including oak beams, exposed stonework enhanced with underfloor heating and five bespoke en-suite bedrooms, one featuring a leather sleigh bed.
Also, there is the option to hire a private hot tub for use during your stay.
A lovely property in which to enjoy this beautiful area.
Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 x twin, 2 x single with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite Jacuzzi bath with shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Large kitchen. Utility room. Spacious sitting room with dining area, open fire and access via patio doors to garden.
Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and open fire in sitting room. Electric range cooker and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, plasma TV, DVD, radio/CD player, WiFi, small library of books/games/DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair available. Lawned garden with garden furniture and BBQ. Pitch-and-putt golf green. Two battery powered John Deere Gator ride-on vehicles for children's use. Free fly fishing in well-stocked lake, free coarse fishing in 2nd lake, by prior arrangement. Private hot tub. Off road parking for 6 cars. Lockable bike storage. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, two pubs 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Amazing place, so peaceful”
- “Had a long weekend here with friends, had a fabulous time, very friendly, helpful owners and the hot tub was spotless.”
- “An absolutely brilliant weekend”
- “Having booked The Hay Barn for a birthday weekend away, my friends and I were looking for somewhere peaceful to relax and celebrate. The pictures really do not do the house justice. Every room was even lovelier than we had expected and the location was perfect, within walking distance of two friendly pubs. The owners made sure we had absolutely everything we needed and were always happy to help in any way they could. We are now looking forward to hopefully returning for our holiday this summer.”
- “Fantastic Family Break”
- “The barn was fabulous.The pictures do not do it justice.It is incredibly spacious,luxurious and well equipped.Our only criticism would be that at times it was not quite warm enough and that some of the bedding was past its best(bobbly!).However these minor issues did not detract from a wonderful stay.”
- “Ideal in every way”
- “This location had 4 double rooms with en suite facilities which is rare for British holiday locations. All of our party were over 60, though our hearts and minds can, at times, be 30ish! Therefore the creature comforts are important for us. We cook and eat well and those facilities of kitchen and dining room were first class. Our hosts were always available but never on top of us.”
- “The house was plenty big enough for 8 of us and the position was”
- “The booking was simple. The owner was extremely friendly. The scenery was breathtaking. The house was fantastic and so much space! We could not have wished for better accomodation. The village had 2 lovely pubs where The food was great and not too expensive. Centrally situated for wonderful days out. Cannot think of a single negative!”
- “Unashamed Luxury”
- “We were a party of 10 Ladies and one of the first groups to visit the barn. The standard of accommodation and attention to detail were the best we have ever experienced in a holiday let. The surrounding countryside provides many walks and the local pubs are within walking distance. I would highly recommend this property, it was worth evey penny and we do plan to visit again in the summertime.”
- “A little piece of heaven - with style!!”
- “One of the loveliest places we have stayed. The barn was done to such a high standard and was so comfortable, no-one wanted to go out!! When we did though there was plenty to do with Richmond and the castle not far at all. Cannot recommend highly enough!!”
- “Luxurious cottage in delightful locaton”
- “Cottage was spacious and beautifully fitted out Some of the features were very special indeed - including the outdoor jacuzzi Lot to do in the area The pub at the end of the road was great - guest beers and a warm welcome The people were very pleasant and helpful - we would go back! Only problem, perhaps, was the TV reception.”
- “Amazing place, second Hen weekend at this property. Family run, friendly, accommodating people. Made us feel very welcome. Would recommend to anyone, you would not be disappointed.”
- “There was plenty of space for us all and we loved the log fire which really added to the ambience (plenty of logs supplied too). The icing on the cake was the use of the hot tub which all the family enjoyed including my little grandson. The views from everywhere in the property are lovely and the outside space is just ideal for families with energetic children. This is the best place I have ever stayed in and even though our "Christmas" was almost a week early it was better than anything we could have had at home and was a definite thumbs up with the rest of the family.”
- “It had everything we needed and the owners ensured we were fully informed and were available if we needed them.”
- “The owners were very friendly and the large area for the kids to play was great”
About the location
Richmond 3 miles; Barnard Castle 11 miles.
The attractive and peaceful Dales village of Gilling West, winner of the "Yorkshire in Bloom" award, is situated in lovely rolling countryside just a few miles to the north of the popular market town of Richmond. The village itself has a lovely old church, two real ale pubs both serving food and a village shop/post office. There are footpaths and bridleways in every direction and fishing is available nearby. Nearby Richmond grew up around its castle, famously situated high above the River Swale, with panoramic views of the river. Today there are wonderful walks to be enjoyed such as the Castle Walk - a dramatic terrace walk beneath the castle walls - or alternatively walk alongside the River Swale where there are parks, safe paddling areas and small waterfalls to enjoy. Within the town, narrow streets and alleys radiate from the cobbled Market Place (which has a weekly market and monthly farmers’ market) and there are numerous shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy. The Georgian Theatre is one of the oldest surviving theatres in the country with visitors enjoying its regular productions all year round. An ideal location for exploring all of Swaledale, Teesdale and the Yorkshire Dales.