- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Gilling Old Mill
Gilling West 0.5 miles. A group of magnificent properties, sympathetically converted from lovely old stone barns and buildings and set in part around an idyllic courtyard, 5 minutes' walk from the delightful village of Gilling West. There are two lakes which offer fly and coarse fishing, plus the owners live in the farmhouse and provide a warm, friendly welcome. The properties can be booked individually or as a group to accommodate larger gatherings.
A detached, stone barn conversion boasting breathtaking countryside views across two wildlife lakes and offering a wealth of character and style, including oak beams, exposed stonework enhanced with underfloor heating and five bespoke en-suite bedrooms, one featuring a leather sleigh bed.
Also, there is the option to hire a private hot tub for use during your stay.
A lovely property in which to enjoy this beautiful area.
Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 x twin, 2 x single with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite Jacuzzi bath with shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Large kitchen. Utility room. Spacious sitting room with dining area, open fire and access via patio doors to garden.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and open fire in sitting room
- Electric range cooker and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, plasma TV, DVD, radio/CD player, WiFi, small library of books/games/DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Lawned garden with garden furniture and BBQ
- Pitch-and-putt golf green
- Two battery powered John Deere Gator ride-on vehicles for children's use
- Free fly fishing in well-stocked lake, free coarse fishing in 2nd lake, by prior arrangement
- Private hot tub
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, two pubs 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
About the location
Richmond 3 miles; Barnard Castle 11 miles.
The attractive and peaceful Dales village of Gilling West, winner of the "Yorkshire in Bloom" award, is situated in lovely rolling countryside just a few miles to the north of the popular market town of Richmond. The village itself has a lovely old church, two real ale pubs both serving food and a village shop/post office. There are footpaths and bridleways in every direction and fishing is available nearby. Nearby Richmond grew up around its castle, famously situated high above the River Swale, with panoramic views of the river. Today there are wonderful walks to be enjoyed such as the Castle Walk - a dramatic terrace walk beneath the castle walls - or alternatively walk alongside the River Swale where there are parks, safe paddling areas and small waterfalls to enjoy. Within the town, narrow streets and alleys radiate from the cobbled Market Place (which has a weekly market and monthly farmers’ market) and there are numerous shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy. The Georgian Theatre is one of the oldest surviving theatres in the country with visitors enjoying its regular productions all year round. An ideal location for exploring all of Swaledale, Teesdale and the Yorkshire Dales.