- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A fabulous 18th century, stone and brick built, terraced cottage, set below Richmond's impressive Norman castle, a short stroll from the town centre.
Fully renovated, this Richmond cottage offers outstanding holiday accommodation set out over three floors.
Finished to a high standard throughout, this lovely Richmond cottage combines modern furnishings and fittings with original features to create a feeling of character and olde worlde charm.
With an unusual and interesting layout featuring a sitting room with a delightful spiral staircase to the lower ground floor summer room, exposed beams and stone walls, stone floors, a fitted kitchen and a spacious two tiered garden, this is a superb family retreat to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
Outside, a mature cottage garden with views of the castle provides a lovely area to sit out and enjoy an evening meal.
It is just a minute's walk to discover Richmond's cobbled streets and architecture, featuring an array of superb inns and restaurants and several intriguing museums.
Explore the fascinating Norman castle, peruse the colourful stalls at the weekly market, or take a leisurely stroll along the picturesque River Swale.
A superb location for exploring Swaledale, the Yorkshire Dales National Park, York Minster and the North York Moors, making this Richmond cottage the ideal base for touring the North of England.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Lower ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with spiral staircase leading to lower ground floor summer room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair available
- Loading/unloading outside cottage only
- Two hour disc parking is available in the Market Place, just around the corner from the cottage, between Monday and Saturday 08.00 - 18.00 hours
- At all other times parking is non-disc and free
- A disc will be provided by the owners
- Alternatively a pay and display car park is 200 yards from the cottage
- Spacious, enclosed tiered garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Note: There is a spiral staircase inside the property and an external stone staircase leading to the garden
- Please ensure care is taken
- Note: This property may be unsuitable for very young children, the elderly and the infirm due to the staircases
- Note: No stag and hen parties.
About the location
Barnard Castle 10 miles; Leyburn 12 miles.
Situated at the entrance to Swaledale, the ancient market town of Richmond stands on a prominent hilltop site to the north of the River Swale. Its cobbled streets and narrow alleys or 'wynds' enshrine over nine centuries of busy history and unique character. The town grew up around its Castle, a Norman fortress dating back to 1071, famously situated high above the river - indeed the name Richmond is derived from 'Riche-mont' meaning 'strong hill'. Today there are wonderful walks to be enjoyed such as the Castle Walk - a dramatic terrace walk beneath the castle walls - or alternatively walk alongside the River Swale where there are parks, safe paddling areas and small waterfalls to enjoy. Within the town, narrow streets and alleys radiate from the cobbled Market Place (which has a weekly market and monthly farmers’ market) and there are numerous shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy. The town flourished in the 18th and 19th Centuries and the resulting elegant Georgian architecture lines many of the old streets. The Georgian Theatre is one of the oldest surviving theatres in the country with visitors enjoying its regular productions all year round.