- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An outstanding, stone-built, semi-detached cottage set in Mickleton, close to Middleton-in-Teesdale. This delightful Mickleton cottage offers impressive, contemporary holiday accommodation, ideal for extended families and groups of friends looking to discover this delightful area together. With the benefit of its wonderful location near the popular Pennine Way, this Mickleton cottage rests amongst glorious countryside. Bright and cheery throughout and offering pleasant views, guests will find plenty of space in which to relax and unwind, with the attractive sitting room housing a lovely woodburner for chilly evenings, whilst the kitchen/diner provides an excellent space to gather together over dinner and discuss the events of the day. Each of the bedrooms in this Mickleton cottage have been tastefully styled, with the master room boasting modern en-suite facilities, and two of the twin rooms offering excellent flexibility. Outside, there is a spacious, enclosed garden area with lawns and a patio with furniture, offering an ideal setting for dining in the cool evening air after a challenging day’s walk over the stunning local fells. This Mickleton-in-Teesdale cottage offers modern living in a lovely village location and is perfectly positioned for exploring popular nearby attractions, including the historic town of Barnard Castle with its cobbled streets, Victorian architecture and quaint lanes scattered with many independent shops and antiques centres. Visit medieval Raby Castle, with its beautiful deer park, or the discover the fascination collections at the Bowes Museum for a taste of North Yorkshire’s history, whilst the sublime High Force waterfall, hidden amongst pretty woodland scenery, beckons to the outdoor enthusiast with its wonderful riverside walks. Return to the comfort of this modern Mickleton-in-Teesdale cottage, a delightful holiday home for your next break. Note: This property is next to Ref. 912801, together they sleep 18.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 3 x twin (two zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
Gas central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Bike storage. Hot tub. Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops 2 miles, pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Lovely place for Christmas”
- “Very well furnished, modern house with a log burner & a hot tub! Great pub just down the road and pets welcome: what's not to like? We had one or two issues with malfunctioning equipment but the owners were very willing to help, even turning out on Boxing Day. Particularly liked the nice touches of a Christmas tree set up in the living room on our arrival and fresh bread being baked in the kitchen. Lots of quiet routes nearby for bike rides/walks/runs especially the old Middleton railway and the Tees Valley path.”
- “absolutely beautiful cottage”
- “We arrived here on Friday the 15th of August and were greeted by Karen who showed us around cottage which is exactly as it looks on pictures, is big enough for eight people and was immaculate. The views from every window were amazing. Karen was very friendly and told us things to see and do while there and where was good to eat and pointed us in direction of shops which are a 5 minute drive from cottage. There was also a selection of leaflets left for us on all the different places to go and things to do near by which we found really helpful. Karen had left tea bags, sugar milk and biscuits for us which we found very thoughtful. The kitchen is stocked with every utensil, dish, pan, cake tin you could ever need as well as a selection of different glasses and plastic breakers and jugs for the kids it really is a home from home.the cottage itself is really new looking, it's modern and nicely decorated. Me and my family loved it. She supplied a travel cot and high chair for our one year old which was good as would of struggled to fit ours in car. The neighbours were really friendly to, one of the girls who lived down the bottom of the street even brought out her pet pony for the kids to see and stroke which they loved. The pub (whos name I can't remember) which is a five minute walk along the road does fabulous food we went for Sunday lunch and it was delicious. The cottage has free WiFi and a DVD player as well as freebies but it also had board games both for children and adults, a large selection of books, a chess and draughts set, dominos and cards it was the little touches like this that I found very thoughtful and we are already planning to return”
- “Was a fabulous cottage in an amazing location, an area previously we had never thought to visit but will definitely be back and recommend to others! The owners were both exceptionally helpful and friendly - great hosts!”
- “The cottage was lovely and well equipped, and we were made very welcome. Enjoyed exploring the area with our dogs then returning and relaxing in the hot tub.”
- “Loved everything; the area and the cottage, will definitely return.”
- “Liked everything about the cottage. The locality, garden and facilities, including the hot tub were all excellent.”
- “It was a lovely cottage, very well equipped with beautiful views. The owner was extremely helpful and had provided lots of little extras, she also gave us lots of helpful advice about local walks etc. We had a fantastic relaxing weekend - I would definitely recommend a stay here.”
- “The house was beautiful, it had everything you would expect plus loads more. The owners were very friendly and helpful, lovely people who made us feel very welcome. The house was very spacious, clean and the spa was lovely, highly recommended.”
- “The setting, the friendliness of the landlady and the high overall quality of the property.”
- “Great cottage in an excellent location with plenty of walks right on the doorstep.”
About the location
Middleton-in-Teesdale 1 mile; Barnard Castle 9 miles.
The small hamlet of Mickleton is situated in the heart of beautiful Teesdale, close to the villages of Romaldkirk and Middleton in Teesdale and within a few miles of the market town of Barnard Castle. Mickleton itself consists of a cluster of stone houses along a single street and offers two pubs, one serving excellent food, along with a petrol station/garage. Beautiful walking country is right on the doorstep with The Pennine and Teesdale Ways, The River Tees and magnificent waterfalls at High Force all close by. There are also excellent cycling facilities in the dale and Hamsterley Forest.