- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hillcrest Park Cottages
A small rural complex consisting of five cottages, four of which are with Sykes Cottages, the owners' home and a small touring caravan site, on the outskirts of the village of Caldwell, between Richmond and Barnard Castle, in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. Each of these Teesdale cottages has been decorated and furnished with care, offering well-equipped, comfortable holiday accommodation. Each Teesdale cottage has its own front patio area with furniture, perfect for relaxing after a day getting to know this lovely area. These charming Teesdale cottages make an ideal base from which to explore the nearby Yorkshire Dales. The North York Moors are also within reach of these Teesdale cottages, plus there are a host of historical abbeys to visit, and Durham and Ripon are a short drive away. For the younger members of the party, Lightwater Valley theme park and Beamish Open Air Museum can be reached within 40 minutes.
An end-terrace barn conversion in a courtyard with four other Teesdale cottages( three with Sykes Cottages). A comfortable contemporary Teesdale cottage with bright, welcoming living accommodation. Well-equipped and tastefully decorated, this Teesdale cottage is an ideal choice for a romantic break. Note: This Teesdale cottage can be booked with Refs. 6761, 6871, 6872 to sleep 14.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room. Electric oven, microwave, fridge, access to shared laundry with coin-operated washer and dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Private, enclosed south-facing garden with picnic bench/table. Access to 2 acre dog walking field. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Hawthorn Cottage”
- “Super place. Very clean and well equipped. In a lovely area and we enjoyed visiting Barnard Castle and Richmond. There was a lovely open field for walking the dog which we enjoyed.”
- “country break”
- “The service we recieved was very good, very friendly and very helpful owners.The cottage was excellent and well stocked food cupboard, also very clean. The location was good.What we liked best was the peace and quiet.”
- “Good clean accommodation in an attractive area.”
- “Good clean accommodation with many amenities at a fair price.”
- “The rooms were all of a good size. Very peaceful setting, everything you needed was provided and well labelled. The enclosed garden was perfect for our dog and the walking field too. Within easy reach of many historical sites.”
- “We enjoyed the stay at the cottage which was in the area we wished to visit. We really liked the condition of the roads and also the many coffee/farm shops we were able to visit. Everyone one was very helpful from the cottage owners to the many people we met on our journeys.”
- “A very pleasant little cottage for two with a good outlook. This is a well managed site with various forms of accommodation. The overall layout is neat and attractive and well maintained. This is a beautiful area, previously unknown to us, and we found several local destinations to suit our tastes and interests.”
- “Good value for money, comfortable and a nice quiet location. There is everything required for a self catering holiday.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable and the surrounding area was excellent”
- “The area was great and there were plenty of places to visit. It is an area that you could visit time and time again.”
About the location
Barnard Castle 9 miles; Richmond 9.5 miles.
Caldwell is a small linear village half way between the two pretty market towns of Barnard Castle and Richmond. Set in a rural location, Caldwell is ideally suited for anyone wishing to explore the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors. The historic centres of Durham and Ripon are within 30 minutes' drive, and the elegant shops of Northallerton are just under an hour away. Jervaulx, Rievaulx and Fountains Abbey are within easy reach, as are the stunning Bowes Museum, High Force Waterfall, Raby Castle, and spectacular countryside walks and scenery. There are numerous country houses to visit and for the complete family day out, Lightwater Valley lies nearby.