- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Dalesend Stable Cottages
Situated in the small Richmondshire village of Patrick Brompton, four miles from Bedale, are these three wonderful self-catering apartments located in the grounds of the Grade II** listed Patrick Brompton Hall. The setting amongst acres of beautiful estate land is truly inspiring with mature woodlands, formal gardens and sheep grazing in the meadows, all of which provide peaceful and tranquil surroundings. These beautiful holiday apartments near Bedale, located on a working livestock farm, have been carefully created from working stables and each has been individually designed to provide you with a contemporary experience in a rural setting, whilst retaining character and charm. These first class Patrick Brompton apartments are ideal for getting away from it all and enjoying country living at its finest. Located on the first floor of an historic stable block, each of the units have shared use of decked areas, set out over the beck that flows through the estate from high up in the Dale, plus guests can enjoy use of the owner's hard tennis court by arrangement during the summer months. These Dales self-catering apartments are in a superb holiday location, where horse lovers will enjoy watching the horses, plus wild trout can be seen in the beck, the ponds have flighting ducks and there is plenty of birdsong. Take a stroll to The Green Tree pub in the village, where a good selection of real ales are available. Nearby, there are many interesting attractions and places to see, including the market town of Bedale and delightful Leyburn, which offers craft workshops, a chocolate maker, shops and pubs. There are many walking routes and cycle trails in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, plus historic York, Durham and Ripon are within driving distance. A rare chance for an unforgettable holiday in a wonderfully impressive area, set in a lovely location in the beautiful grounds of one of England’s finest country homes.
A superb self-catering apartment, set on the first floor in the grounds of the owner’s estate.
This cottage near Bedale is perfect for a romantic getaway, or for those seeking some peace and quiet.
Full of character and charm throughout, the design and layout of this Patrick Brompton self-catering apartment is open plan to enable full appreciation of the exposed beams, but there is a demi-wall to make the bedroom area discreet and cosy.
Boasting a spacious, bespoke kitchen with centre island, a sitting area with woodburning stove, a fabulous bedroom with a super king-size bed and a beautiful freestanding bath, all combined to provide a luxury Patrick Brompton apartment, close to many places of interest.
Note: This property is next to Refs.
22461 and 22462, together they sleep 6.
All first floor. Open plan studio accommodation with one super king-size double with freestanding bath, kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Shared entrance hall.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Shared decked areas with furniture
- Shared use of owner's hard tennis court available Apr - Sep
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Decked area situated over a beck
- Note: No children
- “My wife and I have just spent a wonderful week in this fabulous spacious apartment, it is fitted out to the highest standard with ultra modern fixtures and fittings including a freestanding bath in the bedroom area, a fabulous shower room complete with underfloor heating and a modern woodburner, there is a comfortable living area and a breakfast bar with a functional modern kitchen area.The apartment is ideally situated for visiting the Yorkshire Dales, The Yorkshire Moors,York,Harrogate and Durham. the owners Charles and Emma are perfect hosts and they have created the perfect 5 star luxury holiday retreat, . Try it, you won't be disappointed.”
- “Fabulous luxury apartment perfect for a relaxing getaway to the beautiful Yorkshire dales. The hosts emma and charlie couldn't be more welcoming! We had the most wonderful week in this beautiful 1st floor converted stables. Highly commendable”
- “Wow!! - Wonderful property in a wonderful location”
- “What a wonderful property. We spent a week in the Hayloft in May 2014 and it is easily the nicest cottage we have stayed in on our travels. The welcome from the owners Charles and Emma was just great and they made us feel at home straight away. The cottage is on the first floor of an old stable block which has been luxuriously renovated. The free standing bath and underfloor heating in the bathroom were particular favourites of my wife! I preferred the shower which was so refreshing. The kitchen was well equipped, the lounge comfortable and you'll need to find out yourselves how comfortable the bed is! Also, the property was absolutely spotless when we arrived. The Dales and North Yorks Moors are on your doorstep and you are relatively close to cities like York and Durham. We would certainly look to stay here again in the future.”
- “The perfect and stylish Hayloft - the most luxurious place we've ever stayed”
- “Absolutely fantastic stylish Hayloft conversion with top notch interior and some great touches (like the big free standing bath in the bedroom and underfloor heating in the bathroom). Real attention to detail paid - you feel like you are in a luxury suite but also in a beautiful setting. Our hosts, Charles and Emma were lovely. They really wanted us to feel comfortable and for us to enjoy our time in Yorkshire. The grounds of the house were beautiful and we happily strolled around. We've already recommended the place to friends and would love to return ourselves.”
- “Luxury Modern Living in a Wonderful Country Setting!”
- “What a place! We stayed here for a week to celebrate out 1st anniversary and could'nt have chosen a better place. The owners Emma and Charles could not have been nicer and made our stay very comfortable and pleasurable. The modern fixtures and fitting were exactly to our taste and we cant think of anything that was missing from the apartement. Was the perfect location to come back, light the log burner and have a good long soak in the luxurious bath tub after a day out exploring the countryside. The bed was also very comfortable and made the stay even more relaxing. We would highly reccomend and look forward to returning at some point in the future!”
- “Lovely getaway for two.”
- “Excellent accommodation, very luxurious. Extremely friendly and helpful owners.”
About the location
Bedale 4 miles; Middleham 8.5 miles.
The pretty rural village of Patrick Brompton is situated four miles from the market town of Bedale in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire. Patrick Brompton offers a church, which is located in the centre of the village, as well as a pub, plus Brompton Beck runs through its centre. The small market town of Bedale is steeped in history, some of which can be found in the local museum. The town also offers a weekly market on a Tuesday, interesting churches, various craft and antique shops (notably Red House), cafes, and pubs, which provide local beers and home cooked food. There are many lovely walks for all abilities in this beautiful area, as well as delightful villages to explore. Within easy reach are many other attractions, including the Constable Burton Hall Gardens with extensive parkland and woodland walks, and Jervaulx Abbey, with its tearooms and Brymor Ice Cream, is only a 10 minute drive away. Gardeners will enjoy the Thorp Perrow Arboretum, which also offers falconry displays, plus don't miss the weird and wonderful Forbidden Corner near Middleham! Ideally placed for exploring all of Wensleydale, Swaledale and Wharfedale, and the magical city of York, less than an hour away.