- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Redmire 0.25 miles.
This enchanting, detached, stone bothy is nestled at the end of a rural green lane at the foot of the River Ure in Redmire.
With footpaths running past the cottage and glorious views over Wensleydale, this charming property makes the perfect retreat for those wanting to walk and tour the Dales.
This quaint and unique Redmire cottage is full of character, with beamed ceilings, Suffolk latch doors and a bespoke spiral staircase leading up to the pretty double bedroom.
With a cosy sitting room and a farmhouse-style country kitchen, this Redmire cottage provides very comfortable accommodation in a tranquil setting.
From the kitchen, French doors open to the garden which overlooks the river valley.
Finished to a high standard, this Redmire cottage additionally has fishing rights for one mile and provides the perfect place to relax and unwind.
A short walk brings you to the local village inn, whilst walkers are spoilt for choice with the numerous footpaths and trails to follow.
The historic market town of Leyburn lies four miles away, with its bustling market square and excellent amenities.
For train enthusiasts, the Wensleydale steam railway is close by, whilst the imposing Bolton Castle is a short walk away.
Be sure to visit the Creamery in Hawes and choose from a wide selection of cheeses.
With a wide variety of pretty market towns and spectacular scenery to explore, this Redmire cottage is perfectly placed for a memorable holiday.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, basin, WC. Separate shower. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and French doors to garden. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Electric heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front lawned area and orchard with furniture
- One mile of fishing rights on River Ure by arrangement with owner and supplementary fee
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: There is a steep drop to river bank on rear boundary of lawned area, children to be supervised
- Note: Due to the spiral staircase, care should be taken and it may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: The cottage is situated at the end of a narrow lane, care should be taken
- Note: There is limited mobile phone signal
- Note: Public footpath runs along the boundary of the garden
About the location
Aysgarth 3 miles; Castle Bolton 1 mile; Leyburn 4 miles.
The idyllic Wensleydale village of Redmire is situated in a walker’s paradise close to Castle Bolton, Leyburn and the famous Aysgarth Falls. Redmire is on the Wensleydale Railway, which features steam locomotives during the summer, and has regular special events. Castle Bolton, a mile away, is one of the finest preserved medieval castles in Yorkshire, and dates back to 1378. Much of the castle, with its mighty towers and rectangular courtyard, survived the orders to destroy famous Yorkshire castles issued by Parliament in the Civil War. Nearby Carperby was an important centre for Quakerism and the largest building today is the classically styled Friends Meeting House, which overlooks the market cross and village green. Redmire's village pub serves good food, and there is an excellent range of amenities in the nearby market town of Leyburn. What's more, Swaledale and Arkengarthdale are both easily accessible from Redmire.