- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Hurst 1 mile.
A detached farmhouse situated in a wonderfully remote location amidst unspoilt open moorland, on a traditional Dales working farm, with magnificent views over Arkengarthdale and Swaledale, particularly in August with the purple flowering heather.
Sympathetically restored, Schoolmaster Pasture boasts a wonderful farmhouse kitchen, a sitting room with exposed beams and open fire and a luxury bathroom with stripped pine floor.
A superb location for walkers, who can step from the farm straight onto the fell.
The property is situated on a main mountain bike trail, plus with the area boasting an array of tracks and bridleways, and with a bike centre nearby, mountain bikers will be spoilt for choice.
Alternatively, the unspoilt moorland setting offers peace and tranquillity for a relaxing holiday.
Five bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with 1 double & 1 single, 2 x twin (one with sloping ceiling), children's folding bed on request, 1 x small, ground floor single/games room. Bathroom (with sloping ceiling) with bath, shower, basin & WC. Basin/WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room (seats 10) with open fire.
- Oil central heating with oil AGA and open fire
- AGA cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs (one with Freeview), video, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books/children's games, suggested route cards for walking & cycling & games room with medium sized pool/snooker table
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair
- Ample parking on grass
- Secure outbuilding for bike storage
- Pressure washer available for bike cleaning
- Enclosed front garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops & pubs 6 miles (Reeth), supermarkets can deliver by arrangement
- Private natural spring water supply
- Note: Swaledale Music Festival 24th May to 6th June 2015
About the location
Reeth 5 miles; Richmond 10 miles.
Hurst is a small, scattered hamlet situated high up in the breathtaking moorland that leads over to Swaledale and Arkengarthdale. Nearby, the popular village of Reeth, which dates back to Saxon times, is dominated by its large village green and has a good range of shops, pubs and restaurants. Askrigg, better known to millions as Darrowby in TV's James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small, along with Aysgarth Falls, Semerwater, Hardraw Force (England's highest single drop waterfall at 99ft) and the town of Richmond, with its castle ruins, are within driving distance. This area is the heart of Dales farming country, and by the time you return home, the famous Swaledale sheep will be a familiar sight! A lovely base for your Yorkshire break.
- Last minute