- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Broadband / WiFi
Otley 4 miles.
An outstanding, private, stone-built detached cottage in a wonderful rural location, situated in beautiful rolling countryside within the tiny hamlet of Arthington, between Leeds and Harrogate.
From the magnificent country surroundings, to the beautiful individual styling and quirky layout, this Wharfedale cottage is perfect for a romantic getaway, or those seeking some peace and quiet.
A former coach house, this cottage in Wharfedale is full of character and charm throughout, with a cosy kitchen with stone floor, whilst the first floor boasts a lovely sitting room with a warming open fire and a small dining area.
A spacious, elegant main bedroom with delightful en-suite facility on the upper first floor combines beautifully with the accommodation, providing a first-class retreat for those wishing to get away from it all and enjoy this wonderful area.
There are shared gardens to all sides, with mature shrubs, lawns and flower beds and a private patio area, perfect for enjoying an evening tipple as you watch the red kites soar overhead.
There are excellent walks from the doorstep, while nearby Otley offers a good range of pubs, eateries, historic buildings and the Leeds/Bradford Airport is nearby.
The area is popular with golfers as it has many lovely courses, including Pannal, Ilkley and Alwoodley to name a few.
Nearby there are many places to visit, including the spa town of Harrogate, Skipton, Ilkley and the historic Bolton Abbey, while Malham and Grassington offer beautiful limestone scenery and nearby Harewood house is well worth a visit.
This Wharfedale cottage is in a wonderful location, ideal for a romantic getaway.
One king-size double bedroom (accessed via 4 steps from sitting room) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. First floor sitting room with dining area with open fire.
Electric panel heaters with open fire in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Fuel for open fire provided on an honesty box basis. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot. Off road parking for 1 car. Small private patio area with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful house with lovely garden to the rear and front small courtyard to the front. Owners were very pleasant, kind and helpful. There are too many positives to list, so rest assured you wont be disappointed.”
- “Absolutely perfect”
- “We loved everything about the Coach House - it was supremely comfortable and beyond all expectations. The location was amazing and the hosts beyond compare. We would have stayed on for months if we could have! The little personal touches and wonderful set up made it a dream to come home to after being with relatives, climbing through caves, or tromping across moors all day. Not to mention the stunning views from front and back windows, and my husband's all time favorite - freshly laid brown eggs each morning for his breakfast!”
- “A beautiful and very homely place to stay”
- “A beautiful homely place with character. Local pubs not far to walk to and stunning scenery. Also plenty of places to drive out to as well .”
- “The Coach House is the very definition of quaint and quiet, a former historical carriage house, behind a gated fence (with convenient remote) very recently remodelled to a very nice accommodation with all the amenities you could ask for. Located just a stone's throw from Otley and a bit further from Leeds, it was a wonderful springboard and sanctuary for long traipses along connected footpaths (just hop over the stepped stone fence), or on to explore the great nearby shopping and eateries. The owner, Paula, made us feel welcome and has excellent info for the surrounding area, and was extra helpful, allowing our son, Max, who will be studying at Leeds Uni to store his backpack there for a bit while traveling before school starts.”
- “The owner was very friend and helpful and nothing was too much trouble, a really lovely place to stay. There were chickens in the garden we could go and get fresh eggs when we needed them. Would go back again and could have stayed longer. There is so much to do round this area and plenty of places to eat.”
- “Lovely little cottage set well back from the main road. It had everything you wanted and more. Very spacious living area and bedroom.”
- “Beautiful property, great area. Very nice personal touches and well equipped. Would definitely recommend and may very well return for another stay.”
About the location
Bolton Abbey 8 miles; Harrogate 8 miles.
The historical market town of Otley lies on the boundary between North and West Yorkshire and is situated in the beautiful countryside of Lower Wharfedale, just eight miles from Harrogate. Steeped in history, Otley has much to interest the visitor including many events throughout the year to attract all the family. Otley has a street market three times a week, a monthly Farmers’ Market, a wide range of specialist shops, award winning bakeries and butchers as well as high street chains and three supermarkets. The many traditional pubs and inns offer good food and a range of beers. Along the River Wharfe, which runs through the heart of the town, is the attractive Riverside Park, offering beautiful walks, whilst the wooded hillside, rocks and moorland of Chevin Forest Park provide spectacular views over the town and the glorious surrounding countryside. Adding to its charm, Otley has its own Bellman who calls out the town’s news and events! Nearby Bolton Abbey is one of the region's most scenic areas and the walk along the river to the 'Strid' is a must. Ilkley and Harrogate have a splendid selection of shops, pubs, restaurants and cafés, including Bettys Tearooms, without doubt the finest tea shop in Yorkshire. Wharfedale is the perfect base for exploring this part of Yorkshire.