- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A stone-built terraced cottage, converted from a former 17th century farmhouse, located in the heart of Grassington, one of the most popular villages in the Yorkshire Dales.
Lovingly maintained, this delightful cottage has been styled and furnished to provide quality holiday accommodation in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Featuring a spacious open plan living area, cosy woodburning stove, lovely bay window overlooking the pretty garden, a staircase with feature window and a spacious bedroom with en-suite, this cottage is an ideal romantic retreat, or simply somewhere to recharge the batteries and enjoy Dales life at its finest.
This wonderful cottage is just a two minute walk from the famous village centre, with its old curiosity shops, excellent local pubs, good eating establishments and, of course, the old cobbled square where the annual Dickensian weekends are a real show-stopper.
Add to this the annual Grassington Festival and the close proximity of many of the Dales' famous tourist locations and you've a holiday cottage not to be missed.
The area is a walker's paradise, with beautiful walks in the village surrounds as well as more challenging walks into the nearby hills.
A lovely holiday cottage, ideal for getting away from it all and enjoying this fabulous area.
One bedroom: 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single bed and en-suite bath, basin and WC. Spacious open plan living area with kitchen, sitting area, dining area and woodburning stove, with staircase to first floor bedroom.
- Woodburning stove in sitting area and mobile electric radiator
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer (in understairs storeroom), TV with Freeview, DVD, small selection of books and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Roadside parking 20 metres from cottage, additional free car park 150 metres from cottage
- Lockable bike storage
- Front garden with garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: Stairs open directly into the bedroom, please ensure young children are supervised
- Note: Although this property sleeps up to three adults, there’s only one bedroom with a double and single bed in it and the only bathroom is an en-suite to this bedroom.
About the location
Skipton 9 miles; Ilkley 12 miles.
Grassington is one of the most charming villages in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Traditional stone cottages and shops are clustered around the cobbled market place, offering exceptional shopping facilities for a village of this size, with a monthly farmer’s market offering a mouthwatering range of organic and homemade local produce. Situated on the River Wharfe, with the extensive Grass Woods to the north of the village, this is a superb walking area. Down dale is Bolton Abbey with the Abbey ruins, the Priory and the famous “Strid Walk”. A little further is the elegant town of Ilkley, overlooked by the famous Ilkley Moor. Up dale are Kettlewell and Buckden boasting spectacularly beautiful limestone scenery. With many other beauty spots scattered throughout Wharfedale, Grassington provides a great base for exploring the local area and all that the Dales have to offer, with Brontë Country and York also being within easy motoring distance.