- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An end-terrace, stone-built cottage tucked away in a quiet and peaceful corner of Grassington, just a few hundred yards from the town centre.
A character Grassington cottage providing comfortable accommodation in one of the Yorkshire Dales' premier resorts.
This delightful Grassington cottage has been styled and furnished very much in keeping with a traditional Dales cottage and features an open plan ground floor with a sitting area with a lovely woodburner, a small kitchen and a dining area.
Upstairs, the cottage has two bedrooms and a small bathroom.
Outside, the shared courtyard provides a lovely place to sit out and watch everyday village life, whilst across the courtyard is a stone building which provides a drying area, storage and a separate shower unit with WC.
This cosy Grassington cottage is just a ten minute walk from the river and a two minute walk from the famous village centre, with its old curiosity shops, excellent local pubs, good eating establishments and of course, the old cobbled square where the annual Dickensian weekends are a real show-stopper.
Add to this the annual Grassington Festival and the close proximity of many of the Dales' famous tourist locations and you've a Grassington holiday cottage not to be missed.
The area is a walker's paradise, with beautiful walks in the village surrounds as well as more challenging walks into the nearby hills.
A lovely Grassington holiday cottage, ideal for getting away from it all and enjoying thisfabulous area.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. External drying room with shower and WC.
Gas central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and DVDs. Gas and electricity inc. in rent. Wood for stove available to purchase locally. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Small car park 30 yards from the cottage, larger car park 150 yards. Front shared courtyard with furniture. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pubs 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “This cottage is very well equipped, comfortable and relatively spacious. It is in a quiet position but only a 5 minute walk from the town centre. Grassington is a very attractive town with plenty of character and a good range of amenities. There is plenty to see and do in this area - even if you're not a serious walker or cyclist.”
- “The cottage was spacious and very well equipped with dishes, cutlery etc. Sofas and beds were very comfortable. Both bedrooms are a good size and the living room is very welcoming and comfortable. The cottage is clearly well cared for and loved. A bonus is the extra shower and toilet in the room across the courtyard with the washing machine and space for muddy boots and wet coats.”
- “The cottage was in a great location, with a short walk to the centre of Grassington. It was warm, comfortable and everything we needed was there.”
- “Lane Fold Cottage was very well equipped and clean. The owners had also thoughtfully left books, jigsaws, board games and DVDs/videos for rainy days. The cottage was in a great position just off the main street where it was a bit quieter.”
- “The posistion of the house was perfect for the village and going on walks. The beds were very comfy and the rooms light and airy. The sitting room was spacious and comfy. The dog was happy too! I could stay there again easily.”
- “Lane Fold Cottage is a lovely cosy cottage, lovely and clean.”
- “The central location of the property. The house suited our requirements perfectly and would re book in the future.”
About the location
Skipton 9 miles; Ilkley 12 miles.
Grassington is one of the most charming villages in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Traditional stone cottages and shops are clustered around the cobbled market place, offering exceptional shopping facilities for a village of this size, with a monthly farmer’s market offering a mouthwatering range of organic and homemade local produce. Situated on the River Wharfe, with the extensive Grass Woods to the north of the village, this is a superb walking area. Down dale is Bolton Abbey with the Abbey ruins, the Priory and the famous “Strid Walk”. A little further is the elegant town of Ilkley, overlooked by the famous Ilkley Moor. Up dale are Kettlewell and Buckden boasting spectacularly beautiful limestone scenery. With many other beauty spots scattered throughout Wharfedale, Grassington provides a great base for exploring the local area and all that the Dales have to offer, with Brontë Country and York also being within easy motoring distance.