- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This quaint terraced cottage sits in the heart of the village of Grassington in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Warm and cosy, this Grassington cottage is ideal for a small family to get together and enjoy the many delights of Wharfedale, one of the jewels of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Expressing much of its traditional character and charm, the accommodation at this cottage in Yorkshire sits across three floors, featuring a cosy sitting room with a woodburner and a kitchen with dining area, retaining many of the original features, including the old range and Yorkshire flagstone flooring. There are three bedrooms with one offering en-suite facilities, and another with a convenient zip and link bed, providing flexible sleeping arrangements for your party. Outside this charming Grassington cottage is a small patio area set on the first floor, an ideal place to sit out and enjoy an evening tipple under the stars. The quaint cobbled square is moments from the door of this cottage in Grassington, alive year round with a flurry of markets, the nostalgic Dickensian weekends and the yearly Grassington Festival. There are plenty of pubs and shops moments away, along with charming riverside walks and opportunities to try fishing, horse riding or canoeing. With Skipton, Settle and Bolton Abbey all within easy driving distance, this is an ideal Grassington cottage for family and friends to enjoy the many delights of the Yorkshire Dales.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x king-size double, 1 x second floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with roll-top bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
Gas central heating with woodburner. Range cooker with electric and gas oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games, DVDs and CDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Enclosed patio at first floor level with furniture. Off road parking for 1 car. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 1 min walk. Note: There are some steep stairs, may be unsuitable for less mobile guests. Note: The patio is accessed from the landing on the first floor.
Note: Up until 3rd January 2016, this property accepts one well-behaved pet. From 3rd January 2016, the property is pet-free.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous cosy cottage in a central location.”
- “This cottage is beautifully decorated, clean,cosy and comfortable. The three large bedrooms are all lovely with comfy beds.The bathroom has a large cast iron bath and the top floor ensuite has a fabulous shower. Steep stairs to top floor. The lounge and kitchen are well equipped and everything is of a high standard. The location just off the main square is ideal, Central but not noisy or overlooked as tucked down a quiet side lane. Be aware, there is no washing machine if going with a young family but it is well equipped for small children with a cot, high chair, toys and plastic cutlery mugs etc. The owners live nearby and were very welcoming and helpful. The welcome pack was the best we've ever had!”
- “Cozy and spacious”
- “Just stayed for a week at this amazing cottage. Just around the corner from Grassington main square but very quiet. Has its own parking spot which was very convenient. The cottage is over 3 floors, the ground floor has cozy living room with two leather couches and a wood burning fireplace. And while cozy, it was still nicely spacious The kitchen was well laid out and had everything you could need. The 1st floor had a amazing master bedroom with tons of cupboard space including an under stair cupboard. The bathroom was beautiful with a bathtub. On the upper floor there were two bedrooms, one double with ensuite shower and one that was a twin or could be zipped to a double. Both again had tons of cupboard space. This place is perfect for a single family, or a couple looking for space. The single recommendation I would have to the owners is to install a shower and shower curtain rail over the roll top tub to make the property a two shower bathroom place which would appeal to two couple guests.... But if one couple prefers baths...then it would still be perfect. The décor is very high spec in a contemporary cottage style. The owners, who live in the village were very accommodating and had left a wonderful basket of tea, jam, bread, cookies and a Victoria sponge. ......how amazing and kind was that. I highly recommend this place and will be returning on my next trip to England.”
- “The Cottage was spacious but so cosy and warm at the same time. It had lovely furnishings and décor. Would definitely return.”
- “The cottage location was ideal, just off the village square. The owner provided information of surrounding area attractions. The kitchen was well equipped, the beds were comfortable and the décor was very much in keeping with the cottage. The cottage itself was so homely and comfortable, and the patio area was very private. All in all a lovely cottage.”
- “A beautiful little cottage. Every room was spotlessly clean, with a well equipped kitchen and ample towels, it was homely and comfortable. In a quiet location just off the village square, surrounded by several nice pubs, all in walking distance. There was safe parking to the rear of the property. The photographs on the website do not do this property justice, it is a lot larger then we expected. We loved the area and the cottage, and will definitely return when next up in the Dales. Thank you for letting us enjoy your lovely cottage.”
- “Very central location but quiet with excellent standards of décor and cleanliness. Had a fantastic welcome pack and very welcoming and helpful owners.”
- “A warm and comfortable house with a very attractive décor.”
- “Place was fantastic and we loved it. The cottage was warm and very spacious. The bed in the master was very comfortable. Only 65 steps to the pub, but so quiet you would not know it was just around the corner. Village has pretty much everything you can want.”
- “Grassington is a magical place and Southey Cottage was well-placed to take the best possible advantage of all the village, and area's, amenities. At the same time, it was a secluded haven of tranquillity.”
- “Excellent location for exploring the dales and seeing Le Tour. Grassington has plenty of places to eat and an excellent range of food shops. Ideal spot for families and dog walkers.”
- “Lovely, cosy cottage with comfortable beds and clean and tasteful décor. Big thank you to the owners. We will be rebooking.”
- “Fantastic location, wonderfully maintained and perfect quaint cottage - once inside, bedrooms in particular are larger than you think. Gorgeous welcome basket with local bread, jam, tea and biscuits! And a fantastic home made Victoria sponge!”
About the location
Skipton 9 miles; Ilkley 12 miles.
Grassington is one of the most charming villages in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Traditional stone cottages and shops are clustered around the cobbled market place, offering exceptional shopping facilities for a village of this size, with a monthly farmer’s market offering a mouthwatering range of organic and homemade local produce. Situated on the River Wharfe, with the extensive Grass Woods to the north of the village, this is a superb walking area. Down dale is Bolton Abbey with the Abbey ruins, the Priory and the famous “Strid Walk”. A little further is the elegant town of Ilkley, overlooked by the famous Ilkley Moor. Up dale are Kettlewell and Buckden boasting spectacularly beautiful limestone scenery. With many other beauty spots scattered throughout Wharfedale, Grassington provides a great base for exploring the local area and all that the Dales have to offer, with Brontë Country and York also being within easy motoring distance.