- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A delightful, stone-built, mid-terrace cottage situated in a quiet corner of the famous village of Haworth, 10 miles from Skipton. Lovingly restored, and decorated and furnished to a high standard throughout, Butterfield Cottage provides warm and welcoming accommodation, with two comfortable bedrooms, a first floor living room, and a cosy kitchen/diner. Steeped in literary history and formerly home to the Bronte sisters, Haworth has much to offer including traditional pubs, restaurants and cafes, and a variety of walks, allowing visitors to follow in the footsteps of Catherine and Heathcliff and wander the fantastic rugged moorland! Skipton is nearby, boasting cobbled streets and a delightful castle, while further afield is the Victorian spa town of Harrogate, with its excellent shops, theatre and Royal Pump Room Museum. A great holiday cottage, perfect for exploring all this lovely area has to offer.
Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area & electric woodburner-effect stove. First floor living room with sofa bed & electric woodburner-effect stove.
- Gas central heating with electric stoves in kitchen & living room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, TV, DVD, iPod dock, small library of books/games
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Roadside parking for one car
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shops, pubs & village centre 3 mins walk, fish & chip shop next door
- Note: This property accepts max. 4 adults
- Note: There may be some associated noise and smells from neighbouring fish and chip shop
- Last minute
- “Lovely cottage,lovely location and a very enjoyable week's stay.”
- “Can't think of anthing else to say that my review title hasn't covered. I cannot find fault with anything - brilliant overall!!”
- “Great time”
- “We rented this cottage at the last minute to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with each other and our two daughters. The service was excellent and all the people we spoke to were very friendly. We found the cottage easily and it is well situated for Haworth, all the historical sites and the steam train station, as long as you are capable of walking up some quite steep hills( or you could drive but we chose not to) The cottage is well presented- lovely and clean. We really enjoyed our stay.”
- “A cosy and neat little place.”
- “We had a good time in butterfield cottage although it is very small and we were traveling with 3 adults and two children. The cottage has everything you need and if you need help you can ring the owner, who is very friendly. A bit difficult to find a parking place for the van but we ended up getting one every night we came home.”
- “Good location. Everyone very helpful and friendly.”
- “Location very good - within walking distance of Main Street, but far enough away to not be quiet. Good price. Had all the facilities you could need, and clean and well decorated and maintained.”
About the location
Skipton 10 miles; Hebden Bridge 10 miles.
The small village of Haworth was home to the famous Bronte sisters, who were inspired by the surrounding moorland to pen their novels, which have become classics of English Literature. Haworth is a village that time almost forgot, with its myriad of curiosity and antique shops, alleyways and cobbled streets creating a wonderful period atmosphere, all set against a framing backdrop of countryside famously described in the novel Wuthering Heights as wild, rugged and barren. Nearby, the famous Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, an authentic steam railway brought to prominence in the film The Railway Children, provides a lovely day out with a regular service to the old village of Oxenhope. The area abounds with popular places to visit, including the Bronte Parsonage Museum, East Riddlesden Hall, and the National Railway Museum in York. The market town of Skipton, often fondly regarded as the Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales, is just a short drive away, and also within reach are elegant Harrogate and vibrant Leeds and Manchester.