- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A former servant’s quarters, forming part of Yate House, this semi-detached, Grade II listed cottage is located next to a small working farm enjoying an enviable countryside location, close to the centre of Oxenhope, just two miles from Haworth. Retaining the character and charm of the original dwelling, this cottage near Haworth boasts a wonderful cathedral ceiling, mullioned windows, exposed beams and stonework, perfect for couples seeking a romantic retreat while exploring the nearby open moorland in Bronte Country. Set solely on the ground floor, modern styling and elegant furnishings are evident throughout this cottage near Haworth. Sleep in comfort in the stylish double bedroom, accessed by a step, and the small shower room features underfloor heating, perfect for keeping your toes warm on chilly winter mornings. This cottage near Haworth hosts an open plan living area offering a bespoke kitchen accessed by 3 steps, a dining area and a wonderful sitting area. Share a bottle of wine together by the gas-fired stove, basking in its cosy glow. Curl up with a good book on the delightful window seat overlooking the owners’ formal gardens, and in the summer, venture outside into the spacious garden itself. Sit outside and soak up the summer sunshine enjoying the beautiful views stretching across open meadows to the nearby fells. There are excellent walking trails leading right from the doorstep of this cottage near Haworth, while a wonderful walk through the owners’ woodland offers the chance of seeing the local deer grazing, and brings you right into the centre of Oxenhope. A little further afield, there are fabulous walking opportunities at Haworth, including Top Withens, the famous setting for Wuthering Heights. Steeped in literary history and home to the Bronte sisters, Haworth has much to offer, including a variety of walks amongst the iconic, windswept moors. Visit the nearby Victorian spa town of Harrogate, boasting elegant buildings, a variety of shops, an excellent theatre and the Royal Pump Room Museum. This first-class cottage near Haworth truly is the ideal base for a romantic break, all year round.
All ground floor with some internal steps. One double bedroom (accessed by 1 step). Compact shower room with small shower cubicle, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen (accessed by 3 steps), dining area and sitting area with gas stove.
- Gas central heating with gas stove
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Bike storage
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Although the property is all ground floor, there are some internal steps.
- Last minute
- “An outstandingly well presented and equipped cottage with many extras. Excellent location for walking on the moors and convenient for local towns.”
- “This was a superb property, with a multitude of walks from the doorstep, there was everything you could want and very friendly chickens!”
- “Property was clean and cosy and had everything we needed.”
- “There are truly insufficient superlatives to adequately praise the extraordinary quality and cleanliness of this lovely cottage. Everything was quite simply perfect and it felt like a little slice of paradise!”
- “A complete home from home. The cottage was of the highest quality that we have ever stayed in and in a beautiful, quiet spot with only country noises to listen to. So peaceful.”
- “A great little place to stay!”
- “The attention to detail was exceptional and showed great thoughtfulness.”
- “This was the best Sykes Holiday Cottage we have so far stayed in. The layout and facilities within suited our needs very well. It was, for us, a superb home from home holiday without all the restrictions of a hotel. We look forward to returning next year.”
- “The Cottage has everything that you could possibly require. It was comfortable and in a very peaceful location. Possibly the best cottage we have ever stayed in!”
- “This is one of the most comfortable holiday cottages we ever stayed in. The full kitchen is better than our own, and we very much appreciated the welcome basket. The cottage is tastefully decorated, and it was a pleasure to stay. The surroundings are beautiful, and there is a lot do to nearby. We would have liked a longer holiday!”
- “Warm and friendly welcome.The cottage itself was clean and comfortable with lovely countryside on the doorstep.”
About the location
Haworth 2 miles; Skipton 14 miles.
The small village of Oxenhope lies amid wonderful scenery, and offers the chance to take advantage of the multitude of walks in the area. The village, with its shops, churches and pubs, is home to the terminus for the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, an authentic steam railway brought to prominence in the film The Railway Children, which runs on a regular basis to Haworth and on down to Keighley. The area was made famous by the Bronte sisters, and the outstanding countryside was famously described in the novel Wuthering Heights as wild, rugged and barren. The area abounds with popular places to visit; the cobbled streets of Haworth, the Bronte Parsonage Museum, East Riddlesden Hall, and the Museum of Rail. The market town of Skipton, known as the Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales, is a short drive away, and also within reach are elegant Harrogate and vibrant Leeds.