- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This spacious semi-detached cottage, a former cheese factory, is set just a two minute walk from the centre of Masham, home to the famous Black Sheep Brewery.
Skilfully converted and renovated to a good standard, this Masham cottage provides a great base for a family to enjoy the many delights of this old market town.
This cottage in Masham features a light and airy sitting room with cosy woodburning stove and dining area, along with a modern, well-equipped kitchen, whilst upstairs there is a large king-size double, as well as a lovely twin room and a stylish bathroom.
Outside your Wensleydale cottage there is a small yard, which provides an area for sitting and enjoying an evening tipple after a busy day.
This charming Masham holiday home is ideally located for the town centre and the twice weekly market, plus other amenities within a short stroll include the Theakston and Black Sheep visitor centres, Vennell's award-winning restaurant, Black Sheep Bistro and a choice of good pubs.
There is also great walking from the doorstep of this Masham cottage, and the market towns of Richmond, Leyburn and Hawes are within easy reach, as are the beautiful abbeys of Fountains and Jervaulx.
The area is packed with things to do and places to visit with beautiful Harrogate and wonderful York within driving distance.
A delightful Masham cottage for a holiday whatever the time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Fuel for stove provided on an honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio with furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Last minute
- “EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN...AND MORE!”
- “Absolutely perfect for our 5-night stay. We, that is me, wife, son and dog, wanted a two bedroom hideaway close to the centre of Masham, and convenient for shooting off for days-out. Oh, and pet friendly, of course. Well, Gromit Cottage met all these criteria and more. The owner of the cottage lives in the adjoining property (Wallace Cottage!), so he is on hand should you need anything. OK, we found it a bit hard to find at first, despite comprehensive directions...maybe the best bet is to park up in the Market Square (honesty box parking), and find the place on foot, first. It is literally two minutes' walk from the Square, but you do have to navigate some narrow ginnels! Parking at the property is outside, but there is more than adequate room for two vehicles, and it is 'Private Parking'. All in all, it does exactly what it says on the tin, and more....and please read my review of the nearby 'Bruce Arms' for what we believed to be the best pub/eaterie.”
- “Excellent cottage”
- “Just back from week in gromit cottage ,excellent cottage up quite lane behind town ,cottage has all facilities in place very comfy beds and lovely bedding ,well priced for time of year ,will be back in new year”
- “Ideal location for all local amenities.”
- “This is the 5th rental we have used in Masham. It rates very highly when compared to the others. We particularly like the location which is ideal for us as all pubs, shops, breweries are easily accessed from the doorstep. The cottage is very comfortable and has all you need for a great stay. We will definitely return next year.”
- “Centrally located with everything you could need.”
- “Cottage is very comfortable and spacious. Everything you could need is in place. Two minutes to shops and parking outside cottage. Fantastic week in Masham to see the Grand Depart. Our friends are walkers and will probably revisit another year.”
- “The cottage was warm and comfortable. There was plenty of local walks.”
- “The Cottage was very comfortable and well equipped, making it a pleasure to be in. It had extremely comfortable beds and lovely clean, fresh sheets and towels. There was lots of hot water and a great bathroom. An excellent cottage and great location for exploring close to home as well as further afield.”
- “Liked everything. The cottage was ideally located. The pubs all had great food and ales and the Co-op nearby was very handy. There were lots of lovely local walks and lots to do without having to travel far, when you do travel it's all in beautiful countryside. A brilliant holiday.”
- “Clean, excellent beds, the lounge was fantastic and we loved getting the log burner going. Well done Sykes Cottages for getting Gromit Cottage on your books. We will return!!”
- “The cottage was excellent, well equipped and very comfortable. It was in a quiet location two minutes' walk from the market place. Masham is a lovely village, there are plenty of walks and other things to do. This was our first holiday with our dog and it ticked all of our boxes - all of the pubs welcome dogs which is lovely.”
- “Lovely comfortable cottage, everything we could need for a cosy stay in Masham and in a very central location. Will definitely visit again and would not hesitate to recommend.”
- “The cottage or should I say house was much more than I expected - it is much bigger than the photographs show. The standards cannot be faulted, the standard of the TV and Wifi were particularly appreciated at this time of year. The location of the Theakston bar just down the road was also welcome.”
- “We had good weather and the site of the cottage was convenient for all the places of interest.”
- “It was a lovely relaxing holiday in a lovely cottage, very peaceful and homely. We enjoyed the area, it was so beautiful, everywhere was so clean. We would return to the cottage again when visiting the area. Came home really relaxed after such a good stay in the cottage.”
- “Lovely location with many walks from the doorstep for the dog. Cottage very well equipped, warm and comfortable.”
- “This was the nicest cottage we have stayed in for the last 5 years. Very comfortable, everything you would need and a lovely feel to the place. Excellent, quiet location in the village.”
About the location
Ripon 9 miles.
The historic little market town of Masham is situated in the lower reaches of pretty Wensleydale alongside the River Ure. Set in gently rolling farmland, the town boasts a huge market square, where a Wednesday market has been joined by a popular Saturday market. There are lots of walks around the area, including a 10-mile walk along the Ure, arguably one of the best in the UK. The town boasts a good range of crafts, galleries, shops, restaurants and pubs and has become best known perhaps as the home of two breweries Theakstons of Old Peculier fame and the Black Sheep Brewery, which now brews 11 million pints of beer a year! The popular towns of Ripon and Harrogate are an easy drive away. With so much to see and do in the area, this is a great place for a holiday in all seasons.