- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A stone-built, end-terrace cottage, formerly part of one of the original brewery buildings, set just a minute’s walk from the centre of Masham, home to the famous Black Sheep Brewery.
Restored to a good standard throughout, this Masham cottage has a traditional feel and boasts character features including exposed original beams and antique pine furniture, and provides an ideal base for family and friends to get away from it all in a wonderful setting.
The ground floor features a spacious farmhouse-style kitchen with dining area, ideal for friends and family to enjoy a lovely meal and a few welcome refreshments after a day out in the countryside.
This Masham cottage can sleep up to six people with two large bedrooms and a modern bathroom, along with a comfortable double sofa bed in the cosy sitting room.
This lovely holiday home is ideally located in the centre of Masham, which is home to a wide selection of specialist food stores, two excellent butchers, grocers, delicatessens, restaurants and local pubs, all guaranteed to provide a wide range of locally produced food and drink.
With excellent walking from the doorstep, dog lovers will enjoy the walk down to the river which is just a few minutes’ from this Masham cottage.
The amenities of Masham, including the Black Sheep Visitor Centre and Bistro, and the twice weekly market held in the village square creates a wonderful atmosphere for visitors and locals to enjoy.
You are perfectly located for discovering all of the magnificent Yorkshire Dales and North Yorks Moors National Parks, whilst the market towns of Richmond, Leyburn and Hawes, as well as the wonderful Abbeys of Fountains and Jervaulx are within driving distance.
Further afield are the charming town of Harrogate, famous for Bettys Tea Rooms and the Royal Pump Room Museum, and the historic city of York with its stunning Minster, Jorvik Viking Centre and a mass of fabulous tourist attractions.
This lovely Masham cottage is a perfect base to get away from it all and enjoy a break with family and friends.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and gas effect multi-fuel stove. Sitting room with living-flame gas fire and sofa bed.
- Gas central heating with gas fires
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Loading/unloading only outside property, roadside parking available at end of the lane (50 yards), or in the town square (100 yards) charged on an honesty box basis
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Note: There is no garden available at the property
- Last minute
- “wonderful experience in a pretty town”
- “the cottage is located in the centre of a picturesque town and only a few minutes walk to all the shops which have anything that you need. The cottage is very clean and is fully equipped with everything that you require, . I recommend having a meal at the Kings Head pub, we enjoyed a nice meal and friendly atmosphere. There is a weekly market and it is worth a visit as there are home made products and artists who sell pictures and cards. We used it as a base to travel around north yorkshire to do family history. I recommend also visiting surrounding towns such as Ripon. Hawes, Richmond and if you are a fan of the last of the summer wine go to Holmfirth. I would definitely stay there again.”
- “An interesting break”
- “We were 2 adults staying for some peace and quiet but within easy reach of amenities. That is exactly what we got. My friend smokes and was greeted by the old chap almost every time that people have mentioned negatively in reviews. Either he or his wife were in constant attendance. We however went along with it. The old chap was interested in where we were going and where we had been. You could set your clock by him and his tour of the village walking with his dog. The cottage is just off the village centre, so 3 pubs and 2 breweries were within crawling distance but away from any noise. The deli on the corner had some fab cheese, a bakery around the opposite direction for fresh bread. The place reminded me of a mini Oxford with huddled up terraces opening out onto the street. The centre has a parking honesty box of 50p. Steeped in history, cyclists and real ale drinkers following a country walk. Yes, the old chap is a talking point, but we are nurses and are used to long chats with older people, so it didn't bother us”
- “Very enjiyable stay”
- “The cottage was ideally located in the village and a real home from home. The bedrooms were clean and comfortable”
- “A lovely homely cottage in a great village, and with easy access to places of interest for us.”
- “A comfortable cottage that felt homely. It was walking distance from the village square, pubs and shops. I would recommend the cottage to friends and family.”
- “Lovely cottage and town”
- “It was a cosy and welcoming cottage-a home from home.”
About the location
Ripon 9 miles.
The historic little market town of Masham is situated in the lower reaches of pretty Wensleydale alongside the River Ure. Set in gently rolling farmland, the town boasts a huge market square, where a Wednesday market has been joined by a popular Saturday market. There are lots of walks around the area, including a 10-mile walk along the Ure, arguably one of the best in the UK. The town boasts a good range of crafts, galleries, shops, restaurants and pubs and has become best known perhaps as the home of two breweries Theakstons of Old Peculier fame and the Black Sheep Brewery, which now brews 11 million pints of beer a year! The popular towns of Ripon and Harrogate are an easy drive away. With so much to see and do in the area, this is a great place for a holiday in all seasons.