- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming upside down cottage in a stone-built 18th century terraced building, next to the market square in the pretty village of Middleham.
With outstanding views of the surrounding area, this lovingly restored cottage is warm and snug, beautifully furnished to a high standard and retaining many of the original features including a woodburning stove, beams and exposed stonework.
Enter on the ground floor where you will find a bedroom with an en-suite with a large shower and underfloor heating.
Take the internal stairs up to the first floor to find the open plan living accommodation with a well-equipped kitchen, making this delightful cottage a lovely romantic retreat in the village centre, especially as there are also external stone stairs to add to the character.
The amenities of Middleham are on the doorstep, including excellent old pubs and local eateries as well as a castle dating back to the 11th century.
Excellent walking can be enjoyed from the doorstep, and market towns such as Richmond, Leyburn and Hawes are within easy reach.
An excellent cottage for a relaxing break on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
One ground floor double bedroom with en-suite shower room with underfloor heating and shower, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Digital electric heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/iPod dock, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample parking FOC in the nearby market square 1 min walk away
- Secure lockable bike storage under external stone staircase
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs, restaurant and market square 1 min walk
- Note: Property unsuitable for children and infants
- Note: The first floor can be accessed by internal stairs or by external stone steps.
About the location
Leyburn 2.5 miles; Richmond 12 miles.
The attractive Wensleydale town of Middleham is renowned for its history and race horses. Much of the history is bound up with its Norman castle, which dates from 1190 and has a castle keep second in size only to the Tower of London. The horses are a great sight as they make their way to the gallops every morning. The pretty market square is partially cobbled and offers a range of shops, pubs and places to eat. The bustling market town of Leyburn is just a short drive away offering a variety of great shops and pubs, or why not take some time to explore The Forbidden Corner, a unique labyrinth of tunnels, chambers and surprises set amidst 4 acres of grounds, providing a fun day out for all the family? All in all a superb base for exploring Wensleydale and all within easy driving distance of York, the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales and Heritage Coast.
Note: Property unsuitable for children and infants.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute