- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A detached, Grade II listed farmhouse located in the tiny hamlet of Stean, just one mile from the pretty village of Lofthouse, in magnificent Nidderdale, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Completely restored, this comfortable Dales cottage provides spacious accommodation in the very heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
This Dales cottage offers a lovely dining room with a woodburner, a well-equipped kitchen, a traditional sitting room with the original working range and open fire plus four bedrooms.
Outside this Dales cottage are a small stream and a paved cottage garden, with an enclosed, lawned garden beyond.
Boasting fabulous views of the surrounding countryside this Dales cottage is perfect for family groups and friends to get together and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this lovely area.
The amenities of Lofthouse are just a short walk from this Dales cottage, including an excellent old pub and many beautiful and interesting walks into the famous Nidderdale landscape, while the popular Nidderdale Way footpath passes within yards of this Dales cottage.
Discover the nearby town of Ripon with its imposing cathedral, the immaculate gardens at Harrogate and the famous racing town of Middleham.
Plenty to see and do at this Dales cottage, at any time of year!
Four bedrooms: 2 x family room with one double and one single bed, 1 x adult bunks, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Well equipped kitchen. Utility room. Dining room with wood burning stove. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in the dining room and open fire in the sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, PC, WiFi, library of books, games and local information
- Oil and electricity inc. in rent
- Fuel for wood burning stove and open fire available on an honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small front garden with furniture and BBQ, separate walled garden 10 metres from cottage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile, further shops 7 miles
- Note: The first floor is split with 2 staircases and 2 bedrooms in each half of the building
- Note: Water supplied from private supply
- Note: Property is suitable for a maximum of 7 people
- Note: There is no mobile phone signal at this property
About the location
Pateley Bridge 7 miles; Masham 11 miles; Ripon 17 miles.
The tiny hamlet of Stean is idyllically situated amidst the stunning moorland scenery and lush green meadows of Nidderdale, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Just one mile from Lofthouse, the hamlet is made up of a scattering of traditional dwellings and farmsteads. Lofthouse is home to a charming, olde worlde pub, 'The Crown', and one shop, which serves as a general store and Post Office. The village nestles on a low hillside by the River Nidd, close to Gouthwaite and Scar House Reservoirs, and the traditional old village of Ramsgill. The local tourist attraction of 'How Stean Gorge' is just ten minutes' walk from the village, while the geological attractions of Brimham Rocks and Stump Cross Caverns are only a short drive away. The historic city of Ripon offers visitors a variety of attractions, including its imposing cathedral with 1300 year old crypt, the Yorkshire Law & Order Museums, a bustling weekly market, an International Music Festival and Ripon Races. Enjoy beautiful riverside walks or explore the famous Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Garden, whilst the nearby small market town of Masham with its two breweries, glass making studio, shops and gallery is well worth a visit. The historic houses of Norton Conyers and Newby Hall & Gardens are close by, and the popular Lightwater Valley Theme Park provides a great day out. An ideal location for exploring both the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors, not to mention Harrogate, Knaresborough and York!
- Last minute