- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful, stone-built, terraced cottage, in a quiet backwater of the ever-popular market town of Skipton.
This Skipton cottage is full of character and charm, and retains much charm of a 'bygone age', making an ideal romantic retreat.
Renovated to a high standard, this lovely Skipton cottage boasts quality fittings and lovely furnishings, including a spacious main bedroom with feature fireplace and a warm, cosy sitting room.
This Skipton cottage is in an ideal location for enjoying the town, with many pubs and restaurants and the famous canal basin just a short stroll away, and there is excellent walking from the doorstep.
Further afield, enjoy moorland walks at Bolton Abbey, the mouthwatering local farmers' markets at Grassington or visit elegant Harrogate - all within easy reach of this Skipton cottage.
An ideal Dales retreat, whatever the time of year.
One double bedroom with super king-size double (zip/link, can be a twin by prior arrangement). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and living flame gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, books, games, DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking spaces on a first come, first served basis
- Additional roadside parking available nearby
- Secure storage for bikes/walking equipment available by prior arrangement from owner
- Rear garden and patio area with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 mins walk, pub 4 mins walk
- Note: The stairs at this property are slightly steep.
About the location
Grassington 9 miles; Harrogate 20 miles.
Known as “The Gateway to the Dales”, Skipton is well placed for visiting all that the Dales has to offer, whilst York, the Lake District and the West Coast are also within easy motoring distance. This lovely market town has much to interest the enthusiastic visitor, boasting an ancient castle open to the public, a beautiful old parish church and a colourful market occupying the cobbled setts each side of the high street. In 2008 the Academy of Urbanism voted the High Street the best shopping spot in Britain, and the The Copper Dragon Brewery, opened in 2002 is highly rated in the CAMRA listings. Steam railways with regular excursions are available at Embsay and Bolton Abbey, and the Leeds to Liverpool Canal passes through Skipton with the 1 mile long Foulridge Tunnel and the 5-rise locks at Bingley within a short travel. Golf, swimming, squash, tennis and snooker are all available locally and the excellent public transport means the car can be left at home!
- Last minute