- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
West Burton 3 miles. A magnificent, detached listed farmhouse, with panoramic views over seventeen acres of private grounds, with its own babbling brook, in the picturesque Walden Valley, 3 miles from the village of West Burton.
Full of immense character and charm, with a range cooker, exposed beams and antique furnishings, underfloor heating and fires in the sitting and dining rooms make this property a fabulous cosy retreat.
Enjoy beautiful walks through the grounds, down the valley to West Burton, or go on a sightseeing tour of the famous Dales villages of Buckden, Kettlewell, Hawes and Leyburn to name but a few.
An ideal base for a traditional Dales holiday.
Four bedrooms: 2 x doubles with kingsize bateau beds, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower, basin and WC. Additional shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor cloakroom with basin and WC. Modern, well-equipped kitchen with dining area. Separate dining room with period range with open fire. Sitting room with woodburning stove in feature fireplace. Storeroom for bikes, boots etc.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on the ground floor and woodburning stove and open fire
- Range cooker with gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV, video, DVD player, CD player
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fires inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Large enclosed lawned garden with BBQ
- Separate barn with table tennis, table football and dart board
- Off road parking for four cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: The property is accessed via a 250 yard private unmetalled road, shared with farm.
About the location
Leyburn 7 miles; Hawes 10 miles.
Nestling in a hollow of the little-known Walden Valley, West Burton is a jewel not to be overlooked. This pretty and ancient village in the heart of Wensleydale is situated in truly beautiful countryside, with old stone cottages surrounding the famous broad village green. A walker’s paradise, with wonderful Dales countryside, magnificent views and the small, but spectacular Cauldron Falls still delighting visitors since the days when the great artist, J M W Turner, captured its magic. A traditional village pub overlooks the green along with a well-stocked village shop with a cafe and a butcher’s, while there is an excellent range of amenities in the nearby market towns of Hawes and Leyburn. A mile from the famous and impressive Aysgarth Falls. A delightful Dales base.