- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A picturesque, stone-built, end-terrace cottage, ideally situated within the centre of the pretty Dales village of West Burton.
A former art gallery, this cottage has been converted to provide a comfortable holiday home in an enviable location.
Retaining much of the original character and charm, with leaded mullioned windows, window seats and beamed ceilings, the cottage is a real step back in time.
The accommodation features a spacious sitting room with a multi-fuel stove, a separate dining room and three bedrooms.
Set in a peaceful location, the cottage is close to the waterfall of Walden Beck and overlooks the large village green with its children's play area.
Enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the pretty patio garden to the rear, or follow the many peaceful walks through the village and absorb the striking views.
The village pub serves good food whilst the nearby town of Leyburn, with its quaint market square, offers a good choice of shops, eateries and galleries.
This cottage is an ideal family base for a wonderful Dales holiday.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove and electric coal-effect fire.
- Central heating and hot water powered by multi-fuel stove Oct - Apr, electric fire May - Sep
- Immersion heater and 3 electric fan heaters also available all year
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD, selection of books, games and toys for children
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Small patio area to the rear with furniture, small front garden
- Eggs available to purchase from owner
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk.
About the location
Leyburn 7 miles; Hawes 10 miles.
Nestling in a hollow of the little-known Walden Valley, West Burton is a jewel not to be overlooked. This pretty and ancient village in the heart of Wensleydale is situated in truly beautiful countryside, with old stone cottages surrounding the famous broad village green. A walker’s paradise, with wonderful Dales countryside, magnificent views and the small, but spectacular Cauldron Falls still delighting visitors since the days when the great artist, J M W Turner, captured its watery magic. The traditional village pub overlooking the green serves good food, there is a well-stocked village shop with cafe and a butcher’s, while there is an excellent range of amenities in the nearby market towns of Hawes and Leyburn. A delightful Dales base.