- Electric vehicle charging
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
1 Customer Review
"The photos do not do the house justice!"
It is absolutely beautiful, so comfortable and tasteful. We loved our stay.
We are delighted you loved your stay at Kinclune House. Refurbishing the house to offer to guests has been a labour of love. It is definitely difficult to capture the beauty of the house and its setting on camera. You really have to be there to fully appreciate it! Thanks so much for this feedback . Property Owner
There are no reviews featuring this term Show all reviews
- Main house
- Five bedrooms: 1 x super-king-size with en-suite shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC and a separate bathroom with double ended bath, handheld shower and dressing area, 1 x super-king-size (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x king-size (zip/link, can be twins on request), 2 x double
- Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Bathroom with bath, handheld shower, basin and WC
- Bathroom with roll-top bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Sitting room with open fire
- Snug with woodburning stove
- Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size with en-suite cloakroom with basin and WC, 1 x adjoining twin (zip/link, can be king-size on request)
- Kitchen/living room with woodburning stove
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher
- 2 x Smart TVs, WiFi, selection of books and boardgames
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Off-road parking for 5 cars
- EV charging available on request
- Private garden with pergola with seating
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5.2 miles, pub 6.1 miles
- Note: Check-in from 4pm, check-out at 10am
- Note: The property is located on a working farm
- Note: Please contact us a week before arrival to let us know how you would like the beds made up
- Note: The annex is self-contained and a short walk from the main house
Kinclune House and Annex is a stunning seven-bedroom property nestled in rural Angus near the village of Kirriemuir.
‘Kinclune’ means ‘head of the meadow’ and this extraordinary home boasts far-reaching views over the fertile Vale of Strathmore, offering a peaceful and rejuvenating Scottish family holiday, intimate celebration, or small event; up to three dogs are welcome too!
Discover the immaculately refurbished interior, starting off in the beautifully presented kitchen/diner, fully equipped with a Richmond Deluxe Electric Induction Range cooker, American style fridge-freezer and washer/dryer, assisting your home-cooking needs.
Carry the conversation into the formal drawing room, curling up beside the open fire and discussing the next Kirriemuir adventure, or head to the snug games room and enjoy an evening or friendly competition with a board game or two.
On those warmer evenings, venture outside to the private garden, basing yourself under the pergola as the sights of rural Scotland set the most picturesque backdrop.
When the evening draws to a close, retreat upstairs to the first floor, home to five tastefully-decorated bedrooms, one of which boasts its own en-suite.
The other bedrooms offer choice of luxurious bath or shower rooms with roll-top baths and walk-in showers.
Take a soak in the roll-top bath or treat yourself to a revitalising shower before completing your evening routine and hunkering down for the night.
Just a short walk from the main house lies the self-contained annex, home to an additional kitchen/living space, as well as two bedrooms, one with an en-suite cloakroom, perfect for a family or two couples seeking a bit of privacy away from the group.
Kirriemuir, home to the birthplace of J.M Barrie, is just as magical as the tales he told – explore the Kirriemuir Heritage Centre to learn more about the author, and the Camera Obscura to discover a unique experience.
In the town there is also a wide selection of amenities and attractions, including a selection of pubs and restaurants, a well-stocked convenience store, and the nearby RSPB Scotland Loch of Kinnordy, perfect for leisurely strolls whilst spotting the local wildlife.
Venture further to Dundee and Aberdeen, where you can find stunning castles to explore, excellent shopping spots, unique museums, and vibrant eateries, or if its outdoor adventures you’re after, the two cities are host to a range of activities from golf to hiking trails.
Sitting on the edge of the Cairngorm National Park and near the Angus Glens, there is a wealth of picturesque walking and hiking within easy reach.
Kinclune House and Annex allows you to enjoy a blend of urban and rural life, perfect for experiencing all the beauty that Scotland has to offer.
EPC Rating: Band D
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £600.
About the location
Dundee 18 miles, Aberdeen 55.2 miles
Kirriemuir is a lovely red sandstone town in the valley of Strathmore, regarded as the gateway to the Angus Glens, which offer some of Scotland's most unspoiled landscape. The town is home to the birthplace of novelist JM Barrie, creator of the much-loved children's character Peter Pan and the house is now a museum looked after by the National Trust for Scotland. A statue of Peter Pan can be found in the town. Kirriemuir also offers Glamis Castle and the historic Pictish Stones at Meigle, while the Angus Glens offer great hill walking and climbing. With a fine variety of shops, hotels and pubs in the town and surrounding area, there is something here to suit all tastes.
Note: Though electricity is included in the rent, electric for charging cars is not included in the rental.
Note: The Annex has a separate entrance there is no interconnecting door to the main house.
Note: The Annex is ideal for families as the en-suite bathroom is shared with the twin bedded room
Note: Please contact us a week before arrival to let us know how you would like the beds made up.
Note: No bedrooms on the ground floor.
Note: Farms tours can be arranged directly with the owners for guests. There is a charge for this.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute