- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Reviews & Ratings
4 Customer Reviews
"We enjoyed a fantastic stay here at the wonderful Five Bells pub , celebrating my 60 th birthday."
It has fantastic facilities and amenities , everything you could wish for to make it the perfect place to hang out with friends and family. Tracey was very helpful & came out within 30min for any issues we had. We will most definitely be back
"The property was every bit as good as the photos and a great base for celebrating an occasion with family and friends."
Communication with the owners was excellent and the property manager was friendly and welcoming upon arrival and departure. She left her contact number for any issues so when we had a lighting circuit that tripped upstairs she was able to get a handyman to the property in double quick time to resolve the issue. Ample space for parking and the property is so large it will never feel crowded with 20 people in it.
"Really lovely venue for a large group, loads of space & the service was great too."
"Great holiday booked at extremely short notice due to travel restrictions."
The accommodation was great and it was very quirky staying in a pub. Everyone enjoyed it and there was enough in the area to keep us occupied for a week.
- Main house: Six bedroom: 3 x king-size (zip/link beds, can be made into twins on request) with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x family bedroom with three single beds (zip/link beds, can be made into king-size bed on request) with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x family bedroom with king-size bed and 3 x single beds
- Ground-floor men and women toilet cubicles
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Large bar with seating area, reading area, dining area and games area with Annexe one: 1 x king-size bedroom (zip/link beds, can be made into twins on request) with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC. Annexe two: 1 x family bedroom with king-size (zip/link beds, can be made into twins on request) and a single bed with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Both annexe's are air conditioned
- Oil central heating
- Gas range cooker, indoor barbecue, industrial microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and microwave, ice maker, large fridge/freezer, TV, pool table, air hockey and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair available
- Ample off-road parking
- Large patio area with outdoor table and chairs, outdoor football table,and hot tub and also 8 man sauna pod
- Sorry, no pets or smoking allowed
- Board games
- Shop 0.2 miles, pub 0.7 miles
- Note: Property is suitable for corporate and team building events Note: No stag/hen parties or similar
- Please note: this property allows a total of 21 people maximum during anytime being at the property - no exceptions
- Please note: this property has a good housekeeping bond of £550.00 Please Note if you need to change the bed configuration 7 days notice is required
Resting at the heart of the charming village of Upwell, amidst the stunning countryside of Norfolk is this converted pub, The Five Bells Inn.
This detached property has ample off-road parking and is spacious enough to host large groups of families and friends, seeking a base in which to celebrate a special occasion or explore the wondershel of this part of the country.
Additionally, the pub sits next to the waterside church of St Peter's, making this a great spot for hosting wedding parties.
In here, a pool table provides fun-filled hours, whilst others can gather around the for a more relaxing evening.
The kitchen comes with everything you could possibly need to cater for yourselves, by making the most of the large preparation spaces, the indoor barbecue, range cooker and the industrial microwave before serving up in the former restaurant.
Regroup with your loved ones within the charming, tram-themed restaurant with first-class booths to tuck into your meal, whilst younger guests of the group will be delighted to find an exciting air hockey table.
After dinner, look forward to unwinding within the sitting room, where you can sink into the plush chesterfield sofas and flick on the TV before heading to bed.
The pub comes with seven en-suite bedrooms and has been designed to ensure a flexible sleeping arrangement to suit the needs of your group.
On the first-floor of the pub there are six bedrooms, comprising of three king-size bedrooms, a family bedroom with three single beds, a family bedroom with a king-size bed and twins and a twin bedroom, perfect for couples, families or friends.
For those who do not wish to climb the stairs or are seeking some privacy from the rest of the group, the pub plays host to two annexes, comprising of a king-size bedroom with en-suite and a family bedroom with a king-size bed and a single bed.
Savour a moment of relaxation on your adventure-filled break to the pub, by dipping into the hot tub and gazing up at the stars one balmy evening.
The small village of Upwell plays host to a shop for picking up any essentials, a family butchers, a café and a pub can be found a short walk away as well as plenty of opportunities for fishing, for those nights where you do not feel like cooking.
Immerse yourself in your surroundings further by exploring the Outwell and Upwell walk, where you can uncover the tramway that inspired the classic children’s story of Thomas the Tank, written by Reverend Wilbert Awdry.
Alternatively, head slightly further afield to Wisbech, where you will find a larger selection of amenities and attractions including, Peckover House and Garden, the Wisbech & Fenland Museum and the Fenland and West Norfolk Aviation Museum.
Whilst here, you could also venture to the market town of King's Lynn or visit the diverse wildlife at The Wash National Nature Reserve.
Bring your family and friends to The Five Bells Inn to share a memorable stay in this part of Norfolk.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £550.
About the location
Wisbech 6.5 miles; King's Lynn 18.9 miles
Upwell is a small and charming village resting amidst the glorious Norfolk countryside, just 18.9 miles away from King’s Lynn. The villages of Upwell and Outwell were once collectively known as 'Welle' or 'Welles' and even today, it is not obvious where one village starts and the other ends. Within this attractive waterside village, you will find a host of amenities. Until 1960s, Wisbech tramway connected the village, however, when it closed a preservation society arose, led by the Reverend Wilbert Awdry, who is known as the author of the Thomas the Tank Engine books. Today, you can discover the history of the tram, which provided much of the inspiration for the classic children’s stories by exploring the Outwell and Upwell walk. Alternatively, explore the historic town of King’s Lynn, home to a vibrant town centre and several endearing cobbled lanes, as well as the impressive Custom House, which overlooks the harbour. From Upwell, you can also visit the towns of Downham Market and Wisbech, or if you are feeling adventurous, explore the open landscapes of the Fens, as well as the Wildfowl and Wetland Centre in Welney. Upwell make a wonderful base for exploring surrounding Norfolk with your loved ones.
Note: No stag/hen parties or similar due to planning restrictions alongside no use of the hot tub past 10pm in the evening and no loud music.
This property offers the following short breaks: