Number 3 The Hinges is one of two properties which are part a of a stylish conversion of farm buildings located in a very central village location in Crantock.
The cottage is presented by its interior designer owner to a exceptional standard in a modern contemporary style, but in sympathy with its age and location.
It is a light and airy holiday cottage with a contemporary feel, with clever use of colour and finished with natural materials, including slate and oak flooring in the living areas.
Number 3 The Hinges has an enclosed garden, making it ideal for dog owners or parties with small children.
Due to it’s central village location, you are never more than a five minute walk away from two pubs, the church of St Crantoc, the Londis/Post Office store and other village attractions.
As well as this, Crantock’s legendary sandy beach is only a short walk away, making the cottage ideal for families and surfers alike.
3 bedrooms: 1 x ground floor Superking can be 2 x singles on request with bedside tables, wardrobe & drawers, dressing table with Ensuite: Built in shower cubicle, sink, WC, heated towel rail.
1 x Ground floor double with bedside tables, large chest of drawers, peg rail with hangers - limited hanging space - French doors with access to garden and Ensuite: Large built in shower cubicle with power shower, sink, WC, heated towel rail, slate floor.
1 x first floor/loft bedroom - Superking or can be 1 x singles on request with Built-in wardrobe & shelves, bed side tables, dressing table.
Family bathroom: First floor - Bath, separate shower cubicle, sink, WC, dressing table, storage.
Sitting room with wooden floor and rug, sofas and arm chair with
TV, DVD player, Hi-Fi system.
Access to utility room with washing machine, sink, memo board, storage for ironing board, etc.
Area at top of stairs with sofa, TV & DVD next to bedroom 3.
- Wood burning stove
- Two well behaved dogs welcome
- Parking for 2 cars
- Central location, close to beach
- Free wifi access
- Fully fitted /well equipped kitchen with large oak dining table sitting 6 next to log burner, with dishwasher, double oven, ceramic hob, granite tops, plenty of storage
- Cot and high chair available
- Courtyard garden, outside dining for 6, bench, BBQ - Please note: the gardener may need to visit during your stay
- Included in the rental price is bed linen for each bed that has been booked and a shower mat for each shower or bath
- Additionally, each guest is provided with a bath and hand towel
- Guests must provide their own beach towels
- Shop and pub 5 minute walk
- Fuel and power included in rent
- Sorry, no smoking
- Note: Check-in is from 4pm
- Note: There is a £40 charge per pet
- Note: Sorry, no hen, stag parties or similar.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
About the location
Newquay 4.5 miles.
Crantock is a small Cornish village, just a short walk from the beach, close to the popular resort of Newquay. If you want to escape the crowds, yet still be close to the action, this is the place to be. There's stunning countryside all around and lots of pretty villages to explore; however, it is the coast that dominates. Enjoy superb walks along the coastal path over dramatic cliff-tops, or magnificent surfing on beaches stretching from Watergate Bay in the North to Fistral beach in the centre of Newquay and on down the coast. There are a number of golf courses in the area, as well as National Trust properties, traditional pubs and outstanding restaurants. Newquay itself is a visitor's paradise with a wide variety of shops, pubs and restaurants, plus attractions such as the Sea Life Centre, Newquay Zoo and nearby Dairyland and Eden Project.