This lovely upside down Scandinavian-style lodge is set amongst 20 acres of lush countryside, on the pretty Honicombe Manor Resort, close to the border between Cornwall and Devon, in the stunning Tamar Valley.
Ideally-located for touring Cornwall and south Devon, as well as the Dartmoor National Park and Bodmin Moor, this property is the perfect base for a family holiday or a getaway with friends.
Cleverly-designed to provide flexibility for all guests, on the ground floor of the lodge there is a family shower room and three bedrooms, two twins and a double, with the double benefiting from shared Jack-and-Jill access to the shower room.
Also accessed directly from the double bedroom is a lovely patio, upon which you can enjoy a morning cuppa, whilst on the first floor there is an open plan living area offering a kitchen, a dining area and a sitting area, as well as a balcony, ideal for relishing in the tranquil views whilst discussing the day’s adventures over dinner.
Honicombe Manor Resort offers a fine selection of sporting facilities, including both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, open during the main holiday season, not to mention a tennis court and a mini gym, to be booked and paid for at the resort’s reception.
From your doorstep there are also plenty of walking and cycling opportunities, with a superb selection of trails taking in delightful countryside in an area designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Hop in the car and take a short drive to a fun donkey park and children’s farm, great for the little ones, or try your hand at some exhilarating watersports at the Siblyback Lake Outdoor Activity Centre.
Alternatively, indulge in a spot of retail therapy in Plymouth, before enjoying a meal at one of the many restaurants.
No matter what you decide to get up to when away, you can be sure this lodge will provide the perfect starting point for a holiday at any time of the year.
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Three ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with Jack-and-Jill access to bathroom, 2 x twin
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with balcony
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi available on-site in leisure areas, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Shared use of on-site leisure club at Honicombe Park (closed 25th December and 1st January only) including indoor heated pool, outdoor heated pool (May – Sep inclusive), sauna, mini gym, outdoor chess and tennis courts
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.3 miles
- Note: On-site leisure facilities available to guests (closed 25th December and 1st January only).
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Gunnislake 3 miles; Tavistock 8 miles.
Calstock is a village in Cornwall, although it stands on the meandering River Tamar close to the Devon border and is dominated by the spectacular Calstock Viaduct, a giant 11-arched structure that still carries the railway line above the River Tamar along the picturesque branch line down to Plymouth. Calstock has been an important quay for centuries, transporting tin, copper and granite out of this important mining area downstream to Plymouth Docks. Today Calstock is a quiet village with a vibrant arts centre attracting musicians and artists from around Cornwall. A mile downstream brings you to Cotehele, a well-preserved medieval National Trust house with glorious gardens sweeping down to the River Tamar. Upstream from Calstock is Morwellham Quay, another important river port and now a living history tourist attraction where visitors can explore a copper mine by taking a train deep underground, admire the working Victorian farm or just quietly enjoy the beautiful Tamar Valley wildlife.
Please note the bar & restaurant will close from 12/11/2017 - 20/11/2017
Please not there will be a bar only from 05/11/2017 - 12/11/2017
Please note the pool, gym & games room will close at 5pm from 12/11/2017 - 20/11/2017
Please note: Leisure facilities are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day. Reception & shop will be closed for the same.
The bar will be open for Christmas Day lunch at 12pm - 3pm (only if pre-booked) - closed from 3pm until 27th and closed New Year's Day.