“Awesome views and accommodation, rural location, stunning!”
We were 2 families going on holiday together for the first time. The accommodation was amazing and very spacious. The kitchen was immaculate with all the accessories you would ever need. The views were stunning and was a lovely base to explore Cornwall. 8 miles outside Padstow, which we all fell in love with... if only we could afford to buy a lodge and holiday there more often (we can dream). Anyway, we would easily recommend the location, accommodation and the very friendly staff/management ...
We were 2 families going on holiday together for the first time. The accommodation was amazing and very spacious. The kitchen was immaculate with all the accessories you would ever need. The views were stunning and was a lovely base to explore Cornwall. 8 miles outside Padstow, which we all fell in love with... if only we could afford to buy a lodge and holiday there more often (we can dream). Anyway, we would easily recommend the location, accommodation and the very friendly staff/management. Hope you enjoy this location as much as we all did.
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A wonderful, detached timber-framed chalet, ideally situated on a peaceful holiday park on the outskirts of the small town of St Columb Major and 10 miles from Newquay.
Boasting panoramic views over a pretty lake to lush countryside beyond, this attractive Cornwall cottage offers spacious, well-equipped accommodation and is superbly furnished throughout.
Contemporary in style, with all modern conveniences, the property boasts spacious bedrooms, a superb open plan living area and an additional, first floor sitting room with fabulous vaulted ceiling and a striking, full-length window providing access to a lovely decked balcony.
Available at this Cornish lodge are free use of on-site facilities including a 15m indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and steam room, gym, 9-hole golf course, tennis courts and children's club.
For a small fee, guests can also use the spa facilities and FlowRider, a great way to learn how to surf.
There are excellent walks and fishing from the doorstep of this Cornwall cottage and the beautiful South West Coast Path is within easy reach.
With the lively resort of Newquay with its miles of golden sandy beaches, sparkling rolling surf and a vast array of shops, pubs and restaurants, the quaint fishing village of Padstow, and the fascinating Eden Project all within easy reach, this excellent location and Cornwall cottage make for an entertaining family holiday.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor adult bunks with 4' bottom bunk & 3' top bunk
- Shower room with shower, basin & WC
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & sitting area with French windows to patio area
- First floor sitting room with French windows to decked balcony.
- LPG central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, video, DVD, PlayStation with small selection of games
- Free on-site facilities include indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gym, 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, children's club
- Spa and FlowRider at additional cost
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Patio area with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pubs 2 miles
- Bar on site
- Note: Due to unfenced pond 200 yards away, young children to be supervised
- Note: Check on-site for details of facilities including charges and restrictions on use.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
ST COLUMB MAJOR
Newquay 7 miles; Padstow 9 miles.
An old and picturesque market town nestled among lush green countryside, just five miles from the North Cornish Coast. The resort attractions of Newquay includes bars, clubs, a zoo, vibrant shops, the National Surfing Centre and fabulous beaches are all just 7 miles away, while 9 miles in the other direction is the sleepy fishing port of Padstow. In between lies a beautiful section of the South West Coast path, winding its way over the clifftops, down to tranquil coves and across some of the region's top beaches. The surrounding area is also a visitor’s paradise with much to see and do, and there's good public transport links available by bus, coach, train and plane. Stately homes, world-renowned gardens, adventure playgrounds and theme parks, model railways, fishing lakes and golf courses are all to be discovered within 10 miles. Even the spectacular Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan, both on the other side of the county, are only 12 miles away, making this a superb base for your Cornish holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute