- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A magnificent secluded period farmhouse situated on the edge of the country town of Newent.
This superb Newent cottage provides spacious accommodation with many original features including beams, oak doors, floors and a stunning inglenook fireplace housing a cosy woodburning stove.
This imposing Newent cottage offers four spacious bedrooms, a delightful sitting room, a well-equipped kitchen and a separate dining &
8217; big enough for everyone to gather round, and the perfect place for a celebration dinner or Sunday lunch with family and friends.
On sunnier evenings, dine alfresco and relax with a cold drink in the pretty cottage garden.
Alternatively enjoy a game of tennis, have a lovely swim in the heated outdoor pool or gather by the bar in the pool hut.
There are many walks and cycle routes from the doorstep of this Newent cottage and there are many places to see and lots to do.
For the more adventurous in your party, the area offers caving, abseiling, a high wire rope, fishing, golf, kayaking and canoeing.
Visit Gloucester with its Cathedral and Victorian docklands, or Ross-on-Wye with its 17th Century Market Hall.
For a more laid-back holiday, simply explore the renowned Offa's Dyke and the Wye Valley Walk.
This impressive Newent cottage has the authentic look and feel of an English country farmhouse and is the perfect place for a get-together at any time of year.
Four bedrooms: 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single and en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Dining room with access to large rear garden. Sitting room with woodburning stove and access to large front garden. Note: The family room with en-suite is accessed through the twin bedroom.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, 2nd fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, stereo/CD
- Library of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Large enclosed front and rear gardens with furniture and BBQ, rear garden leads to fully fenced pool
- Climbing frame
- Fully fenced, shared outdoor swimming pool with loungers (pool open 8:30am - 9pm, 1st May - 30th Sept each year), heated by eco-friendly air-source heat pump
- Pool hut with bar and fridge
- Shared tennis court (open 7:30am - 9pm daily) - please bring own balls and rackets
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 mile
- If pool is requested by neighbouring cottage during your stay, both cottages will get shared and private use
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Gloucester 8 miles; Ledbury 8 miles; Ross-on-Wye 9 miles.
One of the most attractive market towns in the Vale of Leadon, Newent, formerly a Roman settlement, offers a wide range of attractions, including the half timbered Old Market Hall dating back to 1668, traditional inns, restaurants, tea rooms and individual shops. Newent is situated on the northern edge of the magnificent Royal Forest of Dean, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offering numerous trails that can be explored on foot, bicycle or horseback. Just a short drive away is the popular Three Choirs Vineyard and the delightful waterfront city of Gloucester with its Roman foundations, Victorian docklands and a spectacular Norman Cathedral. The historic market town of Ross-on-Wye is also close by and visitors to this area can enjoy day trips to delightful Hay-on-Wye, the Black Mountains and the scenic Brecon Beacons National Park.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute