“Badger Cottage”We had a great holiday at Badger Cottage. Gorgeous place and lots of wild life in the lovely grounds surrounding the cottage. Our dogs enjoyed the freedom, and if they were happy, so were we!We had a great holiday at Badger Cottage. Gorgeous place and lots of wild life in the lovely grounds surrounding the cottage. Our dogs enjoyed the freedom, and if they were happy, so were we! Splendid hosts with friendly dogs and gorgeous horses. Much Whenlock was a very pleasant surprise. Gorgeous old-fashioned shops. My husband spent some of his childhood there seventy years ago, and was surprised how little it had changed.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Much Wenlock 3.25 miles. A traditional semi-detached, brick-built barn conversion, set in a charming courtyard on a 70-acre family farm in the Kenley Valley, near Wenlock Edge.
Furnished and decorated in a cosy traditional style, the property offers bright and airy accommodation of character, with original oak beams and rafters throughout.
The property has been finished to a good standard, and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, with a welcome pack of home made bread and free range eggs awaiting all guests.
Relax in the large shared garden with views of Wenlock Edge (fishing available) or explore all that Shropshire is famous for â€“ pretty villages, superb walking, cycle trails and historic towns.
Ideally placed for touring, this makes a superb holiday base.
All ground floor. 2 x twin bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, separate electric shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Spacious sitting room with ornamental electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV, DVD player, radio
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Large 3 acre, lawned garden with 2 small fish stocked pools, garden furniture and BBQ
- Two small dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- There is free private trout fishing on site (fish must be returned to pond)
- Shops and restaurants in Much Wenlock 3.5 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: There is a private spring water supply
- There are two unfenced ponds in the garden - children must be supervised
- Note: The doors at this cottage are not large enough for a wheelchair
- Note: The mobile signal in this area is very poor.
About the location
Callaughton 0.9 miles; Bridgnorth 8 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles.
This delightful 700-year old market town lies on the north east end of the famous Wenlock Edge, in the heart of the beautiful Shropshire countryside. Considered the birthplace of the modern Olympic Games, the town is filled with a patchwork of twisting streets, black and white half timbered buildings, limestone cottages, speciality shops, quality pubs and restaurants. Stroll round the remains of the magnificent 12th century priory, 16th century Guildhall, the interesting Norman church and the Old Gaol House. Above the town rises the 15 mile long Wenlock Edge, boasting glorious views and excellent walking, cycling, and riding. Nearby are the wonderful medieval towns of Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth and Ludlow, the World Heritage Centre of Ironbridge with nine museums and Blists Hill Victorian Village, plus the amazing Wroxeter Roman City and Stokesay Castle.