- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Knightstown 0.25 miles.
Located in a holiday development on Valentia Island, one of the most unspoilt and beautiful areas of south west Ireland, is this well presented holiday cottage.
This semi-detached property is set in landscaped grounds and are just a leisurely stroll to the pubs and restaurants of the quaint and picturesque fishing village of Knightstown.
Well-appointed and equipped with modern appliances, this cottage is a perfect getaway location for any group.
The spacious, stylishly furnished sitting room benefits from a cosy gas fire, while the three bedrooms offer flexible sleeping accommodation with a double, a twin and single room available.
Outside is a lawned garden with furniture, so summer evenings with the family and friends can be enjoyed to the full.
Just off site is a fun-filled playground where children can enjoy an action-packed afternoon while parents utilise the adjacent tennis court.
Watersports such as kayaking, sailing and sea fishing are popular on the island with supervised summer camps operating from the pier in Knightstown, while there is a selection of sandy coves in the area, the nearest being just half a mile away.
Those wishing to explore the area can be on the spectacular Skellig Ring within minutes, while the Ring of Kerry is accessible via the ferry linking Knightstown to Cahersiveen or indeed the bridge linking the island to the popular village of Portmagee.
However you decide to spend your time in Ireland’s ‘kingdom county', this lovely cottage will serve as the perfect base from which to explore this wondrous place.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC and balcony, 1 x twin, 1 x single
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Ground floor basin and WC
- Kitchen with breakfast bar and dining area
- Sitting room with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Saorview, DVD, radio
- Gas charged by meter reading
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Small balcony off double bedroom, children must be supervised at all times
- Note: There is direct access from this property to a public playground with a tennis court and a playing field.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
KNIGHTSTOWN, COUNTY KERRY
Cahersiveen 15 miles; Kerry Airport 53 miles.
Knightstown is the main village on Valentia Island, which lies off the coast of the Iveragh Peninsula in County Kerry. It is accessible from the mainland by ferry from Reenard Point, or via the road bridge at Portmagee. Knightstown provides restaurants and Irish pubs as well as entertainment and local shops. It is also the departure point for a variety of sightseeing boat trips and fishing trips. Take a trip to the magnificent Skellig Islands, the site of a 6th century monastic settlement, and home to a large colony of gannets and puffins. With around 650 residents Valentia Island stands out as one of the westernmost inhabited locations in Europe, and was the site of the first permanent communications link between Europe and the United States. The Island is famed for its magnificent 'Fogher' sea cliffs, which rise majestically from the Atlantic Ocean on the northern side of the Island, and the subtropical gardens at Glanleam House, which are a unique delight for visitors of all ages.