“We booked Woolleigh Barton Stables for 3 couples based on the 4* rating and description of the cottage.”
- The cottage is large and well converted with plenty of character.
- It’s well located, and a number of attractions are within a short drive.
- The swimming pool was clean and well heated.
- Upon arrival we found a lot of dog waste around the entrance and grounds outside the cottage.
- Inside the cottage we immediately found it dirty, including the kitchen surfaces and cooker hood, photo attached. The floors didn’t look like they were cleaned and there was no vacuum cleaner available for us to hoover.
- On the first evening we tried to run and bath and found no hot water. We had to contact the owner who explained to us that we had to remove the cover to the boiler and restart it, which we had to do at least twice a day throughout our stay. This isn’t what you should expect and raises a question about the frequency of maintenance that it receives.
- Initially the advertised outside furniture was missing, which wasn’t ideal due to the hot weather. The owner arranged for furniture to be brought from the neighbouring cottage.
- No welcome pack / instructions about the cottage for example where to put rubbish etc. was provided. We would also expect a list of key local services including doctor, vet, supermarket, pubs etc in the local area.
- There is no wi-fi, which we would expect to be included in a 4* cottage. This should have been made clear in the advert, especially considering the very poor phone signal.
- There were dogs constantly (day and night) barking from a neighbouring private property – not necessary something that the owner can control but worth being aware of.