“Stunning views and a perfect base ...”Stunning views and a perfect base from which to explore North Devon. Slightly disappointed that the bar and restaurant on site are not dog friendlyStunning views and a perfect base from which to explore North Devon. Slightly disappointed that the bar and restaurant on site are not dog friendly
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Clovelly 4 miles.
This bright and sunny semi-detached holiday chalet is on a south-facing slope on the edge of the well-maintained Bideford Bay Holiday Park in Bucks Cross, near Clovelly in North Devon.
Catching the sun all day long and with magnificent sea views, who would not want to spend some lazy days here?
Set all on the ground floor and approached down a few steps, this semi-detached chalet is ideal for four, with a double and a twin room.
The open plan living area has oak flooring, a small kitchen area and a sitting room and amazing sea views.
The wide patio doors open to a sunny veranda, where you can sit and relax, gazing at the sea whilst taking refreshments with a good book.
A real bonus of staying on this holiday park is the on-site facilities, which include the use of an indoor and outdoor heated swimming pool, crazy golf, seasonal entertainment and a restaurant and bar.
Woodland walks from the chalet lead down to the South West Coast Path, where a stroll to Hartland Point is a must as there are stunning viewpoints along the way from where you can spot Lundy, the largest island in the English Channel.
Regular boat rides to the island are available from the nearby town of Bideford.
This area of Devon has spectacular, long sandy beaches and is a spectacular site for watersports such as kitesurfing and bodyboarding.
Clovelly is a charming fishing village which overlooks the harbour, where you can sit and watch the donkeys on their uphill journey with their packages.
Nearby there are also the popular resorts of Saunton Sands, Westward Ho! and Woolacombe.
A lovely little chalet giving great views and ample relaxation opportunities.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs, WiFi available on-site
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Front private decking with furniture
- Use of on-site facilities including indoor and outdoor heated swimming pool, children's playground and soft play area, all-weather multi-sports court, amusements and games, crazy golf and launderette
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, bar and restaurant available on-site
- Beach 5 mins drive
- Note: The on-site facilities are available from Easter to the start of November
- Note: The chalet is on a hilly site and may not be suitable for the less mobile
- Note: There is a pedestrian-only pathway from the parking area to the chalet (approx
- 50 yards)
- Note: Passes to use the on-site facilities cost £55 per chalet, please contact the owner in advance of your stay if you wish to buy passes.
About the location
Bideford 8 miles.
The picturesque fishing village of Clovelly occupies a secluded, cliffside position and attracts visitors from the world over. A pedestrianised, cobbled street winds its way down the hillside passing the colourful gardens that characterise the village's pretty, whitewashed cottages, on its way down to the sheltered harbour. Local shops, pubs and restaurants crowd the working harbour from where the local fishermen show their daily catch of mackerel and check their lobster pots. Follow the stunning coast over the clifftops toward the romantic Hartland Point, or to the colourful market town of Bideford, with its quaint quay, medieval bridge and vibrant shopping area. Nearby, the famous Westward Ho! provides superb beaches and excellent watersports opportunities, while the Big Sheep Adventure Park will occupy the whole family! A beautiful and inspirational location for a memorable holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute