- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Winkleigh 2 miles.
Once part of a larger farmstead, this charming stone-built wing is now a holiday home with rustic character and charm and its own, private fenced garden with views towards Dartmoor.
Converted to a high standard with a modern, fully fitted kitchen, the stylish and comfortable interior has tastefully retained much of the building's original character.
The cottage is surrounded by the owners&
8217; land with an intricate network of country walks extending in all directions, and with the rolling tors of Dartmoor just 10 miles away, the whole area is a walker&
8217;s and nature lover&
Winkleigh, 2 miles away, is a lovely rural village with two pubs, a cafe, shop and Post Office plus its own cider maker.
Okehampton, 12 miles away, has a useful range of shops, banks and supermarkets.
The surfing beaches of North West Devon and North Cornwall are 40 minutes by car, while the fabulous RHS garden at Rosemoor is 15 minutes&
- Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with pine flooring and exposed roof trusses, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with roll-top bath, shower cubicle, basin and WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with WC and basin
- Fitted kitchen
- Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Electric storage heating in sitting/dining room, hall and bathroom
- Convector heating in bedrooms
- Woodburning stove in sitting/dining room
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Starter pack of logs inc. in rent in winter season
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Own private garden and use of some areas of owners’ grounds beyond orchard for walks/ball games (advised upon arrival)
- Garden furniture
- Sorry, no smoking
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Pubs and shops 2 miles.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Okehampton 10 miles; Torrington 13 miles; Exeter 23 miles; Barnstaple 20 miles.
Winkleigh is a small rural village in the heart of Devon's rolling countryside and offers a shop, post office, butcher and a cafe, plus two pubs, one which offers food and the chance to sample traditional ciders and scrumpy from the Winkleigh Cider Company. A van which serves delicious fish and chips also comes to the village twice a week. Winding lanes, high hedgerows and a more gentle pace of life characterise the area. The open tors of Dartmoor are a big attraction for nature lovers and walkers, while the hills of Exmoor and the surfing beaches can all be reached in 40 minutes by car. Historic Torrington, home to RHS Rosemoor and an arts centre is just 13 miles away, whilst the Cathedral City of Exeter with its Roman city walls, shopping centre, theatre and restaurants makes a great day out.