- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Exceptional holiday accommodation for people with disabilities, their families, friends and carers. These fabulous ground-floor cottages are situated in the North Dorset hamlet of Woolland, a short drive from the village of Hazelbury Bryan and the popular town of Blandford Forum. These three tastefully furnished self-catering cottages, named after the Dorset literary figures, Hardy, Barnes and Blyton, are in a courtyard setting in a lovingly restored single storey former farm buildings full of character and charm. Providing you with a ‘welcome-pack’ comprising bread, butter and milk, plus one or two other ‘goodies’, the cottages are a true delight and provide everything you could need for a self-catered stay. The cottages are fully accessible with wheelchair access in mind, catering for all abilities, the properties include large doorways and specially designed kitchens with you in mind. Adjacent to the cottages is an indoor heating splash pool and a large recreational room with a selection of books and games, providing hours of entertainment for younger guests. The excellence of these cottages continues outside to the landscaped gardens, providing a tranquil spot to take in the fabulous countryside views. Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the heart of the North Dorset countryside, these cottages are perfect for any outdoor lover. The market town of Blandford Forum is just a short drive away, along with county town of Dorchester and the historical towns of Shaftesbury and Sherborne. Head to the Jurassic Coast and explore England's first natural World Heritage Site, with many golden beaches and sandy coves to discover. A delightful collection of cottages in a superb part of Dorset, making a fantastic stay for guests of all abilities and interests.
Hazelbury Bryan 2.8 miles.
One of three wonderful ground-floor cottages.
Hardy Cottage offers a warming retreat for families or couples looking to escape to the countryside.
Internally, the property has been designed to cater for all the party, including those with limited mobility!
Unwind in the lovely sitting room, fit with plush sofas and a TV for entertainment.
Cook up a storm in the delightful kitchen, appointed with everything you could need to make a delicious meal for the whole family.
As the evening draws to a close retire to the bedrooms, tastefully furnished with plush beds and ample storage space for your personal items.
Outside benefits from a large garden and seating area where you take in the views over the farmland.
Be sure to head to the shared splash pool too for an hour of two of unwinding or exercising amongst the glorious settings.
Offering something for everyone, this cottage makes for a delightful stay in North Dorset.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs. 1018546 and 1017025, together they sleep 13.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x twin (zip/link super - king size on request), 1 x single
- Wet room with open shower, basin and WC
- Sitting room with dining area.
- Oil central heating
- Sorry, no pets (only assistance dogs), and no smoking
- Note: An electric profiling bed can be placed within the property, and additional requests can be made for other preferences around the property such as: a mobile hoist, wheeled shower chair/commode, bed height raisers, raised toilet seat (10cm/4"), high-back chair with arms, cordless TV headset amplifier, electric toothbrush/shaver adaptor, care and support services from a local agency
- Note: Pool use: Only open between April-October
- A disclosure must be signed before using the splash pool
- Only those persons listed on the booking form are allowed to use the pool
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Babies less than 6 months old are not allowed in the pool building
- Lone bathing is not permitted.The pool water is kept at a comfortable temperature - circa 30C and is at a constant depth of 1.4 metres (4’-6’’)
- Only 6 people are allowed in the pool at any time
- Handrails are provided at the steps into the pool and there is a grab rail at the water line all around the pool
- Slip resistant flooring material has been used throughout the building, however, running is not permitted
- A buoyancy aid (ring) is provided in the pool room
- Pool hoist:The pool hoist is an Oxford Dipper, supplied by Sunrise Medical
- Please bring your own sling
- If in doubt about compatibility please contact Sunrise Medical to check – telephone: 0845 605 6688
- Covered parking is provided within a few metres of each cottage
About the location
Sherborne 10 miles; Yeovil 15 miles; Bournemouth 25 miles
A tranquil, rural village sat just outside of the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Hazelbury Bryan is a small, traditional village with thatched buildings, a parish church dating back prior to the 15th century and a popular pub that was built in 1750, it also boasts a Spar shop. In the village there is also a field with cricket and football facilities as well as a children's play area. Hazelbury Bryan proves itself to be a great base for exploring the outdoors with the Dorset and Cranborne Chase Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty easily accessible, offering great opportunities for walkers and cyclists with great views to accompany it. The village is rather secluded, with the nearest well-stocked town being Sherborne 10 miles away, it offers a good selection of shops and places to eat. If you fancy a trip to the coast, visit Bournemouth around 25 miles south, a delightful town with so much to see and do.
This property offers the following short breaks: