- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
“The cottage is a Tardis !”
! We wondered, at the end of the holiday how we would get everything back in the car.
! We wondered, at the end of the holiday how we would get everything back in the car. It's got it all nothing is left out and the location is just right too. It's sea front property and near to all facilities including a hotel which serves class food.
The Old Armoury is a semi-detached cottage painted white, with a beautiful position set back along the sea front, in the charming west coast village of Gairloch.
Situated down a quiet no-through road, with an interesting story to tell, this well-presented accommodation is perfect for families or larger groups.
It is ideally suited to those perhaps celebrating a special occasion or simply looking to get away to a breath-taking location.
This cottage offers something different.It was once used as a store for the military during the First World War, and now offers a beautiful interior and uninterrupted views across the bay.
Inside, the living room delivers a warm welcome with a cosy open fire greeting you from the door.
Across the hall is the dining room, with additional dining situated in the kitchen, so you have the choice of where to dine for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
There is even a small book corner with children's books and games to occupy your time, as well as a selection of DVDs for film night.
Four bedrooms rest upstairs, each neatly presented with your comfort in mind.
The cottage is situated close to all the amenities of Gairloch, with the sweeping pebble beach immediately opposite and lovely walks straight from the front door.
The wonderful bay of Big Sand is just a short distance away offering miles of white sand.
Golfing, cycling and climbing are a few among many activities in the local area.
Spot porpoises and seals in the Loch, and take a trip out on a fishing boat from the harbour.
This is the ideal holiday location for all ages!
- Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC, ground floor shower room with shower, basin and separate WC
- Dining room
- Sitting room with open fireplace.
- Economy and electric heating with open fireplace
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, 2 x fridges, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, Smart TV, DVD player, WiFi, selection of games, books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Stairgate, travel cot and highchair available on request
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Small courtyard with garden bench
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Please note: There is no access to the rear garden, as this belongs to the adjoining property
- Note: Please be aware that there are steep steps so may not be suitable for those with limited mobility or young children.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Dingwall 50 miles.
The thriving Wester Ross community of Gairloch is made up of the villages and hamlets around Loch Gairloch - the village of Gairloch being the largest of the settlements overlooking the Loch. The area provides spectacular scenery, with unforgettable sunsets across the Minch to the Western Isles and the dramatic backdrop of the Torridon Mountains to the south. There is plenty too for the visitor to enjoy; clean sandy beaches, porpoises and seals in the Loch, fishing boats in the harbour, boat trips to the Isle of Skye, a superb golf course, opportunities for fishing and pony trekking, and some of the best and most varied walking in Scotland! To top it all, there are lots of different places to wine and dine around the Loch. A superb base for a holiday!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute