“Have stayed in many holiday cottages with Sykes cottages and all have been fab, this one unfortunately wasn’t.”
Very old, dated and tired inside. The property itself was nice but smelt really bad in a few of the rooms we couldn’t sleep in them. Also the mould in the downstairs bathroom was very bad. Never seen it that bad before. Beds uncomfortable and need renewing. Both now suffering bad backs. Kitchen very old and not a lot worked. Ignition broken, grill doesn’t work. No baking trays. Sink was filthy. All windows were filthy and inside walls were very dirty too. Windows were also broken and we couldn’t open them which isn’t great in summer when the house smelt of mould.
Couldn’t wash my hair in the bath as the mixer tap was broken, didn’t want to use the shower room to wash my hair as the smell and mould was so bad.
The whole place needs a really really deep clean but better still gutting it and starting again with windows that work would be better. Really disappointed with Skye’s on this one.