- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
- Three bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor super-king-size (zip/link can be twin on request), 1 x king-size with Jack-and-Jill access to bathroom, 1 x twin with Jack-and-Jill access to bathroom
- Jack-and-Jill bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Ground-floor wet room with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Living/dining room with woodburning stove
- Oil central heating with ground-floor underfloor heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher
- Smart TV with Freeview, WiFi, DVD player, a selection of DVDs, and CD player
- Fuel, power, and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Rear garden with lawn and furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2.8 miles, pub 2.3 miles
- Note: There is a ramp up to the property, however there is a small step to be considered prior to booking
- Note: There is a river nearby, children and pets must be supervised
- Note: Check-in from 4pm and check-out by 10am
- Note: The property is accessed via a 20-metre-long tunnel (the tunnel will fit a standard transit van with ease, but please consider roof boxes or bikes in roof racks) height limit is 2 metres
Shepherds Rest, is a neat holiday home nestled in the Scottish Highlands in the village of Banavie.
Perfectly-situated for exploring the area, you can access the property via a 20-metre-long tunnel (height limit is 2 metres) down a single-track road and take advantage of the off-road parking.
Popular with cyclists, Shepherds Rest is just a stone's throw away from Fort William and is pet-friendly, so you don't have to leave your furry friends behind.
Upon arrival you will find off-road parking, as well as a rear garden with a lawn and furniture.
Inside you will find a kitchen for cooking up a storm, along with an inviting living/dining room with a woodburning stove for a truly homely feel.
Three bedrooms provide the perfect sanctuary for restful nights, including a ground-floor super-king-size zip/link; can be twin on request for extra flexibility and suited for those with limited mobility, and on the first floor, a king-size and a twin with Jack-and-Jill access to the bathroom.
A ground-floor wet room for freshening up after an adventurous day complete the interior of this delightful home.
Shepherds Rest offers the perfect base for a holiday full of outdoor adventure and exploration.
Enjoy the unique location of the property with direct access to the River Lochy, and take the time to admire the stunning views of Ben Nevis and the surrounding mountains.
Experience the best of the great outdoors with nearby activities such as climbing, skiing, mountain biking, sailing and walking.
Treat yourself to a ride on the famous Harry Potter train, a boat trip to take in the abundant wildlife, or even a visit to Loch Ness.
For thrill seekers, take a ride up the Aonach Mor Mountain in a gondola, or take a short boat journey across the Corran Ferry to explore the Ardnamurchan Peninsula.
For day trips, discover the Isles of Inverness, the Isle of Skye, Glencoe or Oban, all easily accessible from Shepherds Rest too!
Whether you’re looking for an action-packed getaway or a tranquil break, a stay at Shepherds Rest will be one to remember.
EPC Rating: Band D
Short-term Holiday Let Licence No: HI-40287-F
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £350.
About the location
Fort William 2.9 miles; Glencoe 19 miles; Fort Augustus 30.3 miles; Mallaig 39.7 miles.
Banavie is a quiet residential area, but also at times bustling and busy around Neptune's Staircase, where you can sit and watch seafarers from all around the world negotiate the famous “Lock System”, before they set off to sea taking in the wonderful islands and beaches of the West Coast of Scotland. Banavie Railway Station is just moments away, where twice a day during summer you can watch the “Harry Potter Hogwarts Express" chuff it’s way over the Canal Bridge. Stroll along the canal banks and take in the stunning views of Ben Nevis and the surrounding mountains. There are two options close by for eating out, The Moorings Hotel and Bistro, the Lochy Bar & Restaurant, all just a short walk away. Nearby, you will find the village of Caol, where you can stock up on essentials at the convenience store or order in from one of the local takeaways. There is also a CO-OP in the near village of Corpach, which is located at the Corpach Basin end of the canal. Within easy reach of Banavie is the popular town of Fort William, Ben Nevis, & Glen Nevis, all accessible by the local bus service.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute