- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This traditional, late Victorian terraced Hereford cottage is ideally positioned being only a ten minute walk away from the city centre and magnificent 11th century cathedral.
This Hereford cottage provides spacious, light and airy accommodation and has been decorated and furnished to a high standard, offering a welcoming sitting room, well equipped kitchen, and three bedrooms.
The historic city of Hereford is home to the world famous Mappa Mundi and Chained Library, which are both located in the cathedral, plus the city has excellent pubs, restaurants and antique shops.
Further afield from this Hereford cottage is the beautiful Wye Valley, the Forest of Dean, plus towns of Leominster, Hay-on-Wye and Ludlow.
A Hereford cottage, in a perfect location for exploring this magnificent city and the surrounding area.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x mezzanine double room with adjoining single bedroom (suitable for a child up to 8 years only), reached via a spiral staircase, 1 x basement double bedroom, reached via steep stairway. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room.
- Full gas central heating
- Double electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, flat screen TV with basic Sky package, DVD, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate provided
- Unrestricted roadside parking available on the next road, 1.5 mins walk, roadside parking outside prop 4pm - 11am and all day Sunday
- Small, enclosed rear patio area with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- City centre and cathedral 10 mins walk
- Note: There are 11 external steps up to the front door, an internal spiral staircase and a steep stairway to the basement, therefore this property is not suitable for the elderly and infirm
- Note: Property is suitable for a maximum of four adults and one child up to 8 years old
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Leominster 14 miles.
The cathedral city of Hereford dates back to Saxon times, and with its medieval bridge over the winding River Wye it is the very image of picturesque England. With a mix of buildings from almost every British era, eclectic Hereford is a popular base for those seeking to explore the locale – being ideally placed for accessing the Black and White villages of the region, not to mention the delights of neighbouring Shropshire, Worcestershire and The Cotswolds. Famous as a cider producing town, Hereford is also the home of the Mappa Mundi, the largest and most elaborate pre-15th century map in existence, which resides in the cathedral alongside the famous Chained Library – a collection of over 1500 rare books from as early as the 8th century. Nearby is the half timbered town of Leominster, filled with medieval buildings, often overhanging the street, and also accessible is the natural splendour of Symonds Yat, a rocky outcrop on a 5 mile bend of the River Wye, with spectacular views and the opportunity to spot protected peregrine falcons flying from their nests.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute