- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
This lovely terraced cottage is set in the heart of the pretty village of Llangattock, seven miles from Abergavenny within the Brecon Beacons National Park.
The quirky, narrow cobbled lane leading to this charming, stone-built cottage only makes your arrival even more intriguing, and once inside, the accommodation is cosy and welcoming.
The open plan living area has been furnished and decorated to a very high standard, and offers exposed beams and a woodburning stove, plus the unique, original stone spiral staircase adds character to this wonderful holiday cottage.
Upstairs you will find two light and airy bedrooms and a shower room, making this cottage ideal for a couple or a family.
The double bedroom boasts views of Llangattock Mountain, plus Sugar Loaf Mountain can be seen from the shared courtyard, meaning you will be exceptionally tempted to immediately don those walking boots in order to explore this scenic part of Wales.
Alternatively, you may wish to wander down to the River Usk to enjoy a spot of fishing before venturing over the bridge to nearby Crickhowell.
The town of Crickhowell has an array of shops, including independent selling local produce, gift shops, tea rooms, a deli and pubs.
With the ever-changing countryside all around, you will want to revisit this delightful cottage again and again.Read more
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with TV, 1 x adult bunks (limited head height in top bunk). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with double sofa bed and woodburning stove.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, 2 x TVs with Freeview, one with DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Electricity and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Free parking in public car park approx
- 100 yards away
- Loading/unloading available 15 yards from cottage
- Shared courtyard with furniture, BBQ and lockable shed
- Bench in front of cottage
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: This property has an original stone spiral staircase, so not suitable for the less mobile
- Young children will need to be supervised whilst using the staircase, though an adjustable stairgate is available
- Note: The courtyard is accessed via the end of terraced row
- Note: No vehicle access outside cottage.
About the location
Crickhowell 1.5 miles; Abergavenny 7 miles.
The pretty village of Llangattock lies within the Brecon Beacons National Park, and with its narrow cobbled streets, lovely church and position next to the River Usk, is a wonderful peaceful base to explore the area. The Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal runs through Llangattock, which is great for walkers and lovers of nature. Just a mile away across the bridge over the River Usk lies the quaint town of Crickhowell, with lovely small bakers, butchers, tea rooms, gift shops and much more. With the Brecon Beacons on the doorstep, the avid walker can enjoy spectacular scenery any time of the year - see the first buds of spring, enjoy the wonderful summer days, rustle through the falling leaves of the autumn or marvel at the magical winter snow scenes. For the less energetic, all these can be enjoyed while pony trekking or on the local Brecon Steam Railway. If history interests you, take a trip down memory lane at the Pit and Ironworks Museums, and enjoy exploring the ruined castles and abbeys close by.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute