“Lovely house”Beautiful house and garden with lots of space inside and out. Very nicely decorated and well supplied in the kitchen.Beautiful house and garden with lots of space inside and out. Very nicely decorated and well supplied in the kitchen.
- Ground floor accommodation
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Abergavenny 2 miles.
An impressive holiday cottage, just inside the wonderful Brecon Beacons National Park, on the edge of Llantilio Pertholey, with its 12th century church and the wonderful Court Cupboard Craft Gallery.
Superbly restored by the owners to its former glory, offering all the added modern facilities, this beautiful Abergavenny cottage is the perfect base for larger family groups to enjoy time together.
Turn into the drive and be wowed by this beautiful house and grounds followed by an equally impressive welcome in the charming hall with its woodburner and comfy seating.
A large sitting room, an equally large dining room and a well-appointed kitchen with breakfast area mean this cottage in Abergavenny is perfect for the whole family.
Why not enjoy even the coldest of winter nights by snuggling down in front of one of the two woodburners or the open fire and enjoying a relaxing chat or perhaps planning where you would like to discover next on your well-deserved break?
Afterwards, guests can retire to one of the seven spacious and beautifully decorated bedrooms to dream of all the exciting adventures you've yet to experience.
Guests can choose to spend time together in the exquisite rooms of this wonderful cottage near Abergavenny, or alternatively, may wish to explore the large and pretty gardens, complete with babbling brooks and quaint little features, such as foot bridges over the brooks, hidden garden areas and the peaceful woodland which leads to the banks of the meandering River Gavenny.
Nearby, you will find a huge array of attractions for fun-filled days out and the market town of Abergavenny, with its many festivals, offers visitors a lovely area for shopping, followed by a well-deserved rest in one of the many tea rooms, pubs or restaurants.
The popular market town of Hay-on-Wye and the Brecon Beacons are both only a short drive away and the beautiful countryside offers those who enjoy walking or cycling wonderful views.
All in all, this is one of the finest holiday cottages, in one of the most picturesque parts of the country to enjoy all year round.Read more
Over three floors. Seven bedrooms: 2 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 3 singles, 1 x second floor king-size double, 1 x second floor twin. Second floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Two shower rooms with shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, separate shower and basin. Separate basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Utility. Dining room with open fire. Sitting room with woodburner. Large hall with comfy seating and woodburner. Second floor sitting area with beanbags. Boot room.
- Oil central heating with woodburners & open fire
- Range cooker, microwave, fridges, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, internet TV with Freeview, TV with FreeSat, DVDs, Nintendo Wii, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games, Wii games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter packs for fires inc. in rent, further logs available on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Two travel cots and two highchairs
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Secure cycle storage
- Large enclosed gardens of approx
- 1.5 acres with patio areas with furniture and lawned areas with woodland and brooks
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 8 mins walk
- Note: Although this property does not accept pets the owners occasionally stay with their dogs
- Note: There are open brooks with foot bridges over and access to the open River Gavenny, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: Some traffic noise may be experienced when in some parts of the garden
- Note: The stairs to the second floor are narrow and spiral so are not suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: 4pm check-in
- Note: This owner requires a £200 refundable Good Housekeeping bond
About the location
Monmouth 18 miles.
The picturesque market town of Abergavenny, the Gateway to Wales, nestles between the seven mountains which surround it, with the River Usk flowing through it, so there are beautiful views in every direction. The town boasts a castle with its own museum, churches, an indoor market hall, good shops and a multitude of pubs and restaurants to suit all tastes. Beautiful walks through the Wye Valley and Vale of Usk, or along the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal are close by or explore the breathtaking Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains. With abbeys, castles, mining museums and a Roman amphitheatre and baths at nearby Caerleon, there is something different to discover every day of your holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute