- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
1 Customer Review
"Great location, very clean perfect for a week break, walks from the door."
Quiet but just 10mins walk to anything you may need. Would highly recommend to friends and family.
This property is part of the Lakelovers collection.
We have properties to suit every occasion throughout the southern and central Lake District including; Ambleside Cottages, Bowness Cottages, Coniston Cottages, Grasmere Cottages, Hawkshead Cottages, Lakeside Cottages, Langdale Cottages, Troutbeck Cottages, Ulswater Cottages, Windermere Cottages and smaller hamlets between, which although seldom heard of are none the less equally wonderful. With hundreds of properties available, all of which are inspected and graded by the English Tourism Council, Lakelovers are sure to have a property to meet your needs.
- Two ground-floor bedrooms: 1 x king-size with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin
- Ground-floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- First-floor open-plan living space with kitchen, dining and sitting area with balcony
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Off-road parking for 1 car with additional parking available
- Balcony with decking and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 0.5 miles, pub 0.4 miles
- Note: There are laundry facilities available on-site
- Note: The electricity you use during your stay is not included in the rental price but is charged on departure based on consumption during your stay - the typical cost is between £30 -£50 per week depending on the time of year
- Note: Check-in from 4pm, check-out by 10am
- Note: In consideration of other guests and due to the extensive use of timber in the construction of the properties, BBQs are not permitted at Keswick Bridge.
Skiddaw Lodge is part of the Keswick Bridge development, 23 first class, Scandinavian style lodges built of Lakeland Slate and Swedish timber.
Each lodge is maintained to exacting standards and have become extremely popular with those choosing to visit the area. Designed as upside down accommodation, you’ll find the open plan lounge, kitchen and dining space on the first floor, giving elevated views of the surrounding countryside and these are even more pleasant if viewed from the property’s large balcony.
Other features include two beautifully presented ground floor bedrooms, one with en suite facilities and a smart family bathroom. Keswick's market square is just a short stroll from the lodge, the award-winning market itself is open twice weekly, drawing visitors and locals alike and making for a vibrant atmosphere.
Keswick also offers a super selection of bars, cafes and restaurants and shops, whilst the Theatre by the Lake is also well worth checking out.
Alternatively, take a cruise on the nearby lake of Derwentwater or explore one of the fine walks, many of which begin and end on your doorstep - the trek to the summit of Skiddaw being a prime example.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
About the location
Bassenthwaite 7 miles, Ullswater 16.6 miles; Cockermouth 13 miles.
The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the North of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Catbells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.
View more holiday cottages in Keswick