- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
2 Customer Reviews
"Lovely big house for a large group of people."
We were a mixed group of runners who came up to do some walking in the area. The kitchen was equipped with everything you would need to cater for a large group. The furnishings were lovely. The bedrooms were all beautiful and there seemed to be an abundance of bathrooms in the property so there was never a queue. It’s an easy walk into the town centre and to the shoreline. Would definitely recommend.
So glad you enjoyed your stay! Your group sounds fantastic, and it's wonderful to hear that the house met your needs with its well-equipped kitchen, beautiful furnishings, and ample bathrooms. If there's anything specific that stood out or any suggestions you have for improvement, feel free to share. We look forward to welcoming you again if you decide to return to the area. Property Owner
"Great size property."
Few issues which to be fair were dealt with swiftly by management. The house does need some upkeeping - photos appear to be old and the house needs TLC. Dining room was a great size - kitchen is a bit on the small size for a group of 12.
There are no reviews featuring this term Show all reviews
- Over 4 Floors
- First Floor:
- Bedroom 1: With double bed and en-suite walk-in shower, basin, and WC, Bedroom 2: With king size bed and en-suite walk-in shower, basin, and WC
- Shower room: With walk-in shower, basin, and WC
- Second Floor:
- Bedroom 3: With twin beds and en-suite walk-in shower, basin, and WC, Bedroom 4: With zip and link super king size bed (can be twin beds on request) and en-suite walk-in shower, basin, and WC
- Third Floor:
- Bedroom 5: With 2ft 6in twin beds, Bedroom 6: With double bed
- Bathroom: With shower over bath, basin, and WC
- Separate downstairs cloakroom with WC
- Dining room
- Gas central heating
- Kitchen: With electric oven, gas hob, Range, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- Utility room: With fridge/freezer, tumble dryer and washing machine
- Living room: With WiFi, Freeview Smart TV and DVD/Blu-ray player and first-floor snug with Smart TV and DVD player
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Parking for 2 cars in a designated spaces 0.1 miles from the property plus unallocated roadside parking
- Front terraced garden with furniture, enclosed rear garden with furniture and a garage for lockable bike storage
- Two well behaved pets welcome
- Additional dogs accepted on request a charge of £25 per pet
- Pets not allowed on furniture or in beds
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 0.2 miles, pub 0.3, River Greta 1.5 miles, Derwent water 2 miles
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
- Note: There is a good housekeeping bond of £500
Resting in the heart of Keswick, a popular Cumbrian town is Squirrel Lodge, an impressive, mid-terrace holiday home.
Just paces away from a hub of activity, including a plethora of shops, eateries and attractions, Squirrel Lodge is well-positioned within the Lake District National Park, making it a fabulous base for a countryside getaway for a large family or a group of twelve friends.
Park up roadside before making your way into your lovely new dwelling, ready to kickstart your getaway or celebratory holiday.
Be welcomed into the tastefully-presented sitting room, complete with plush seating to sink into after a day of travelling.
Locate the well-equipped kitchen, housing all the appliances to ease your self-catered stay, with a handy utility adjoining.
Prepare delectable meals for your entire party, before gathering around the large dining table as the wine is poured and conversations flow.
Retire to the first-floor snug for a peaceful nook, to unwind before heading to bed, selecting between three king-size bedrooms, each with en-suites, and three twin bedrooms, one of which benefits from an en-suite, all dotted across the first, second and third floors of the home.
Awaken with a long soak or a refreshing shower before enjoying your morning coffee in the enclosed rear garden, the perfect spot for your furry companions to roam and play.
Once you're ready to explore, head into Keswick to tour the local museum, be intrigued at the Derwent Pencil Museum, take to the lake by discovering the Keswick Canoe & Bushcraft experience, or simply enjoy a stroll alongside the water jetty, before dining out in the town, with a wide variety of eateries to select from.
Grab your walking boots and head towards Ullswater, where you can discover the stunning landscape of Aira Force Waterfall or tour the grand grounds of Dalemain Mansion & Historic Gardens, whilst Blencathra is nearby, ready to summit.
Be sure to stop off at the Bassenthwaite Lake National Nature Reserve, perfect for hiking, bird watching, and water sports, before appreciating the beauty of Lake Windermere, and its surrounding hidden gems and attractions, recommended to add to your itinerary.
Enjoy a large group break at Squirrel Lodge.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £500.
About the location
- Bassenthwaite 7 miles, Ullswater 16.6 miles
- Cockermouth 13 miles
The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the North of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Catbells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.
View more holiday cottages in Keswick
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute